The Museum of Astronomy
The Museum of Astronomy was opened on December 16, 2009 in Central Asia in honor of the 615th anniversary of the great ancestor Mirzo Ulugbek.
There is a rarity (a telescope of the famous English master James Short) in one section of the museum. The instrument was invented by the famous physicist Isaak Newton. The octant (the predecessor of the modern sextant) is unique exhibit, designed by the mechanic Hadley. There is also a marine chronometer, invented by London watchmaker Harrison in XVIII century, which attracts interest among fans of antiques.
The exposition of the museum has the portraits of the greatest astronomers, pictures of the planets and stars, as well as the exhibit of modern Uzbek astronomy which studies not only the Earth but other planets of solar system. The sensational world discovery was made by Uzbek scientists: the theory of the planet formation around young stars was proved.
The Astronomical Institute of the Republic of Uzbekistan was established asTashkent Astronomical Observatory in 1873. The building is the oldest scientific institution on the territory of Central Asia.
In addition to the above, the workers of the Institute are engaged not only in scientific research activities but improving the quality of astronomy teaching. The Astronomy Museum was created in collaboration with UNESCO. It is another striking example of the development of space research and propaganda of Mirzo Ulugbek’s heritage. Here you can see different instruments, telescopes and documents.
Having visited the Museum of Astronomy, you will make so-called journey into the wonderful world of astronomy and introduce with Mirzo Ulugbek’s heritage.
- Tashkent places of interest
- Chimgan Mountains
- Mountains of Uzbekistan and holiday places
- Tashkent TV Tower.
- Bazaar Chorsu.
- Museum of Applied Art.
- Madrasah Kukeldash
- Independence Square
- Jami Mosque
- The Palace of Duke Romanov
- Hazrat Imam Complex
- Kaldyrgach-biy (Tole bi) Mausoleum
- Architectural complex Zangi-Ata
- Kaffal Shashi Mausoleum
- Architectural complex Sheihantaur
- Academic Russian Drama Theatre
- Polish Catholic Church
- The Theatre «Ilkhom»
- The Youth Theatre of Uzbekistan
- The "Anchor" Canal
- The Museum of Astronomy
- The State Art Museum of Uzbekistan
- The “Bozsu” Canal
- Tashkent State Theatre of Musical Comedy
- Theatre of Satire named after A. Kahhara
- The square of memory
- Locomotive Museum (Tashkent museum of railway...
- Uzbek National Academic Drama Theatre
- The "Salar" Channel
- Tashkent railway station
- The State Museum of Timurids History
- «Aladdin» Theatre
- Memorial complex of Memory of Repression Vict...
- The Holy Dormition Cathedral
- Alay bazaar
- State Museum of Nature of Uzbekistan
- Abdulkasym Madrasah
- Mukimi Theatre
- Monument "Courage"
- Amir Temur Square
- Alisher Navoi Theater