This 12-day Central Asia itinerary starts arriving in Almaty with end point in Tashkent. You will visit many cities and towns, sightsee their cultural & historical heritage to the world and learn why did UNESCO put some of them into save list. This timelapse is enough to dive into oriental spirit and atmosphere - we can add extra events or days if you won't feel satisfied.
These events are such as folk show in Bukhara, visit to Khovrensky museum & winery in Samarkand and funicular in Tashkent. We hope, if you get interested in purchasing this tour, you will realize how big Central Asia is and what it has to offer.
- Panfilov Park. The name of the Panfilov Park comes after the heroes of Panfilov. There is a big monument in commemoration of the heroic actions made by 28 Almaty Soldiers who died in 1941 near Moscow.
- Zenkov Cathedral. Zenkov Wooden constructed Cathedral is one of the eight unique wooden buildings in the world. It is one of the few buildings to survive the 1911 earthquake, despite the fact it is built entirely of wood and constructed without nails;
- National Musical Instruments Museum. In the Museum of Musical Instruments, one can find various national musical instruments, the oldest of is dated of XVII century.
- Medeu, the World's largest speed skating rink known as Medeo. At the end of the gorge there is a ski resort Shymbulak, situated at an altitude of 2.200 m above sea level. It is one of Central Asia's top skiing spots where one can take a cable car funicular to Shymbulak Ski resort.
Meet the driver and guide at the airport meeting zone.
Start Bishkek sightseeing tour visiting:
- Oak Park - city center. It is known also as Dubovy Park - today it is one of the favorite places among tourists in Bishkek.
- Ala -Too Square is the central square in Bishkek. It serves as a place for state events and celebrations. Philharmonic hall – situated at the top of Rose Alley.
- Statue of Manas (Manas is legendary Kyrgyz hero and the classic centerpiece of Kyrgyz literature).
- Victory Square, where in the centre you can see the Victory monument, a memorial which was completed in 1984. Usually the main festival events are held in Bishkek at eternal flame, on Victory Square, where is posted guard of honor, forces of Kyrgyz garrison and a military band.
- State History museum is a perfect display of the Kyrgyz people and the history of the country of Kyrgyzstan.
10:00 Start Bishkek countryside sightseeing tour visiting: - Ala Archa National Park near Bishkek is one of the most popular places for active hiking. Enjoy wonderful views and take some time to retreat in the beautiful nature of Ala Archa park.
- Burana Tower was the vertical dominant of the ancient city Balasagun, the north capital of the Turkic lingual state of the Karakhanids and the small nearby museum with its collection of ancient bal-bals, carved stone figures used as monuments.
Transfer to Bishkek Airport.
Departure for Tashkent by evening flight HY 780.
Arrival in Tashkent International Airport named after Islam Karimov, first President of Uzbekistan.
Migration formalities usually take 20 min to 60 min: visa/passport control and baggage claim. Come out of the terminal and meet the staff holding a sign “ANUR TOUR” or with your name on it.
Transfer to the hotel. As Tashkent airport not far from the city center, the transfer will not take a long time (20 – 40 minutes depending on the hotel location).
Arrival at the hotel. Check-in.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
Start sightseeing tour of Tashkent (5 hrs) visiting old and new parts of the city:
- Amir Timur Square, founded in 1882 and originally called Konstantinovsky Square, was renamed in 1994 after of the Amir Timur to honor the cultural and historical contribution of the great conqueror.
- Tashkent chimes, one of major symbols of Tashkent, were brought from defeated Koenisberg in 1945 as a sign of the great victory and eternal glory of patriots who fought in World War II.
- Theatre Square with the Opera House: State Academic Bolshoi Theatre of Uzbekistan named after Alisher Navoi builit in 1947 is one of the best opera theatres of the world performs both classical and national repertoires.
- Independence Square, the main square of Uzbekistan. There are fountains, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers of World War, arch "Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, road "Ok Yul" leading to Independence Monument and a monument to Happy Mother symbolizing the hope for a great future.
- Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966 and is erected in the approximate place of earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent.
- Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah; Kaffal Shashi Mausoleum and the library of Islamic Literature with the Holy Koran Book of the VII century (original Quran Othman). Khast Imam is one of the most significant spiritual centers in Central Asia and attracts the pilgrims and visitors all over the world.
Transfer to the hotel.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
Khujand , the second largest city and one of the oldest cities in Tajikistan, the furthest point Alexander the Great reached in Central Asia, so the city was named Alexandria Eschate (Alexandria the Furthest).
- Pushkin square with Kamoli Khudjandi Square;
- Timur Malik’s fortress and Sugd museum;
- Muslihiddin memorial complex;
- Panjshanbe bazaar (the name Panjshanbe comes from Persian language meaning “Thursday”) is one of the oldest markets in Tajikistan;
08:30 Transfer to Penjikent with overview sightseeing inIstaravshan town , during the Soviet period, the Istaravshan was known as Ura-Tyube.
Located in the northern foothills of the Turkistan mountain range, 78 km southwest from Khudjand , Istaravshan is one of the most ancient cities of Tajikistan (more than 2500 years) ancient name Cyropolis founded by Cyrus the Great in 544 BC as a boarding fort of Achaemenid Empire.
Start sightseeing in Istaravshan visiting:
- Mazori Sharif mausoleum;
- Kog Gumbaz madrasa (16th century);
- Kuhi Mug, the ruins of ancient fortress;
Arrival in Penjikent. Start sightsiing tour in Penjikent- an ancient town in Sogdiana and now it is a city in the Sughd province of Tajikistan visiting:
- The Sarazm Important Bird Area (UNESCO World Heritage) lies downstream of the city on the tugay-vegetated floodplain of the river.
- Ancient Penjikent - the ruins of the old Sogdian town founded in the 5th century and abandoned in the 8th century by Arabs. The clay- brick ruins were once a citadel with a couple of Zoroastrian fire temples, foundation of the houses.
- Museum of Rudaki (Penjikent is a birthplace of Abu-Abdallah Rudaki, considered as the forefather of Persian Poetry) with a hall devoted to the Rudaki, well-preserved frescoes of ancient Sarazm.
Transfer to border Jartepa. Border crossing usually takes 30 min- 1 hr.
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
- Continue to the famous Registan Square – heart of Samarkand and real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture, the ensemble of grandiose buildings: Ulugbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
- Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn- Kussam;
- Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
09:00Transfer to Bukhara through Shakhrisabz via beautiful Takhta Karacha pass.
Photo stops en-route.
Excursion tour in Shakhrisabz includes visiting (2,5 hrs):
- Ak Saray Palace (“White Palace”), the ruins of the summer palace of Tamerlane. The palace was constructed and decorated by deported from conquered Khorezm skillful builders, masters and artisans. Some parts of the gate tower survived to the present day.
- Mausoleum of Dorus-Saodat ("The Place of Power", XIV century) contains the tomb of Eldest and favourite Tamerlane’s son Jahongir;
- Visit Kok Gumbaz, so-called “House of Meditation;
- Mausoleum Gumbazi-Seyidon of XVI century where the descendants of Ulugbek are buried.
Continue to Bukhara. Arrival in Samarkand. Hotel check in.
Start WALKING sightseeing program in Bukhara(5-6 hours):
- Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
- Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
- Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft shops of souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes and carpets;
- Caravanserai Sayfuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
- There are three trading domes or so-called covered bazaars Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century and these bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
- Visit Ulugbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so called Kosh (pare) madrassas opposite each other with distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
-Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impresses the imagination;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.