Tour itinerary: Turkmenistan - Uzbekistan - Tajikistan - Kyrgyzstan - Kazakhstan
Season: April - October
Days: 20 |
5-stans tour in Central Asia
Discover Central Asia with our 5-stans tour and get to know more about this land of miracles and ancient sites.
Flight to Ashgabat. Arrival in the late afternoon.
Leave the terminal and meet with your driver holding the sign 'ANUR TOUR' in the meeting zone.
Transfer to hotel.
You will have time to discuss the tour details with our staff.
Leisure in the afternoon.
Ashgabat - Darvaza
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start Ashgabat city tour with visiting:
- Ertogrul Gazy Mosque, Independence Park with Monument of Independence (it's a 118m column that considers the highest building in the country),
- Neutrality Arch - a unique composition that rotates slowly after the sun;
- National Museum, where you can see more than 166 unique expositions from Ancient Merv and Nissa.
A trip to ancient Nissa (18km from Ashgabad) that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the ruins of the ancient city (the date of foundation of the I millennium BC - I millennium BC).
Return to Ashgabad visiting en-route
Turkmenbashi Mosque-Mausoleum is considered as the biggest in Central Asia (10 thousands of people). There are beautiful gardens and fountains near the mosque.
Finish your excursion.
Transfer by car to gas crater Darwaza (260 km to the north from Ashgabad). In 1971, geologists accidentally found an underground cavern filled with natural gas.
The ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of about 50-100 meters. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, they decided to burn the gas. Geologists had hoped the fire would go out in a few days but it has been burning ever since. Locals have named the cavern The Gate to Hell, and the sight of the crater at night indeed awakens mysterious feelings.
The views are most impressive in the dark, and an overnight stay in a camp near the crater is a unique experience.
Start sightseeing tour with visiting: the founder mausoleum of Sufi sects "Kubra" Nadzhimetdin Kubra (XII-XIII centuries); the mausoleum of Mongolian princess Torebeg-Hanym (XII-XIV centuries); minaret Mamun (X-XI centuries); minaret Kutlug-Timur (XII-XIV c, the highest minaret in Central Asia - 67m height); mausoleum Kyrkmolla (II in BC - III A.D.); mausoleum Arslan II (the oldest building in the city - date of its bookmark is roughly estimated by XI century).
Finish your excursion. Transfer to the border pass 'Shavat' and pass the border.
Meet with your Uzbek side driver and start driving to Khiva.
Arrival. Hotel check-in.
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start Khiva city tour with visiting:
– Ichan Kala known as “Inner town”. Ichan Kala which is the biggest open-air museum in Central Asia consists of the following architectural monuments: Ata Darbaza (West Gate), Kunya Ark, Muhammad Rakhim-Khan Madrasah, Muhammad Aminkhan Madrasah, Kalta Minor Minaret, Jome Mosque and Minaret, Islam Khodja Madrasah and Minaret, Said Alauddin Mausoleum, Pahlavan Mahmud Mausoleum, the last Khiva Khan Allakulikhan’s Madrasah and Tosh Hovli Palace where was the harem with 40 concubines, Caravanserai and Tim Allakulikhan.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel.
Khiva - Bukhara
Breakfast in the hotel.
Departure to Bukhara by train or by car.
Arrival in Bukhara. Transfer to the hotel.
Breakfast. 09:00 Meet your guide at the hotel's lobby and start WALKING excursion around Bukhara:
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so-called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel.
Bukhara - Nurata
Breakfast. Departure to Samarkand via Nurata by car.
Take a walking excursion in Nurata. Once settled this village where Alexander the Great had built his fortress, nowadays there are so few to see: Chashma Spring, petroglyphs, walking session to Nurata Mountains and of course, the fort itself.
Finish excursion. Take a walk to the yurt camp. There you will be able to ride on the camels and buy some of their milk.
Overnight in a yurt camp.
Nurata - Samarkand
Continue driving to Samarkand. The road will take ~3 hours (190 km)
Arrival in Samarkand. Resting time.
09:00 Meet with your guide & driver at the hotel's lobby and start excursion in Samarkand:
– Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants decorated with gold ornaments and considered as one of the most significant places in the world;
– Continue to the famous Registan Square – the heart of Samarkand and a real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture consists of three grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor, and Madrassa Tilla Kori.
– Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city which was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
– Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) belonging to the Muslim person named Saint Abbas ibn-Kussam;
– Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in the medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
Arrival. Meet with a driver and transfer to the hotel.
Arrival in Termez. Meet a guide & driver on the railway station and start your semi-walking sightseeing program:
Termez, one of the oldest cities in Central Asia, is located in the Surkhan Oasis, where ancient Buddhist monastery complexes coexisted along with monumental Islamic architectural masterpieces of the region. Tour around the city includes visiting Kokildor-Ota Khanaka, Sultan Saodat Ensemble, a summer residence of Samani governours Fortress Kyrk-Kyz, Zurmala – Buddha's stupa, Buddha complex Fayaz-Tepa – one of the museums in the open air under the protection of UNESCO,and Mausoleum of Al-Hakim at-Termezi, the founder of the dervishes order, an outstanding theologian who wrote numerous religious works and a leader of Islamic mysticism.
Back to the hotel.
Termez - Dushanbe
Meet with a driver of 'ANUR TOUR' and start driving to Dushanbe by car.
Pass the border 'Gulbahor' and meet with a driver on Tajik side.
Drive to Dushanbe (~3.5 h)
Arrival. Hotel check-in.
Resting time, overnight.
09:00 Meet a guide in the hotel's lobby and start city tour with visiting Tajik National Museum, a literal Tajik pride – the biggest Buddha in Nirvana.
- Visiting Tajik flagpole-the World tallest flagpole (165 m); the main square of Dushanbe;
- Monument of Ismoili Somoni-the forefather of Tajik Nation. A 40-meter high monument built to the memory of Ismaili Saman-Khuda, founder of the Samanid dynasty in the X century. The base contains a permanent exhibition on the Samanids ad that is paved in granite slabs. The upper part of the statue is coated with gold.
- Lunch in Choikhona-tea house in Dushanbe where you can enjoy the Tajik traditional food and feel the atmosphere of the East.
Continue to Shohmansur market – one of the biggest markets of Dushanbe, also known as Zeleny Bazaar (GreenMarket). The market reflects Dushanbe's historical ties to local trade.
Return back to the hotel.
Dushanbe - Kalai Khum
Meet with a driver in the hotel's lobby and transfer to Kalai Khum village (337 km) where you can see Norak water reservoir that is called Tajik Sea. The highest point of the day is Shuraba pass (2 267 m) and after drive along Afghanistan border starts. This part of Tajikistan is very beautiful and will impress you by its unique mountains of the famous Pamir Mountains. It’s always called as the ocean of white and blue mountains.
Drive along natural border – Pyanj River.
Finish your walking tour.
Walk down to the guesthouse.
Kalai Khum - Khorog
Drive to Khorog, beautiful tiny city surrounded by Rocky Mountains from all sides. En-route you will meet Pamir people. They are differ from Tajik people, have fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. Isolation from other regions by mountain ranges made traditions of local people different from Tajik people.
Overnight at the guesthouse.
Khorog - Kalai Khum
Drive back to Kalai Khum. (~337 km)
Arrival, resting time.
Kalai - Khum - Bishkek
Transfer to Dushanbe, to take a departure flight to Bishkek.
Arrival. Meet with a driver of 'ANUR TOUR' and transfer to the hotel.
Bishkek - Issyk - Kul
Breakfast at the hotel. Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby.
09:00 Start Bishkek sightseeing tour visiting:
- Oak Park - city center. It is known also as Dubovy Park - today it is one of the favorite places among tourists in Bishkek.
- Ala -Too Square is the central square in Bishkek. It serves as a place for state events and celebrations. Philharmonic hall – situated at the top of Rose Alley.
- Statue of Manas (Manas is legendary Kyrgyz hero and the classic centerpiece of Kyrgyz literature).
- Victory Square, where in the centre you can see the Victory monument, a memorial which was completed in 1984. Usually the main festival events are held in Bishkek at eternal flame, on Victory Square, where is posted guard of honor, forces of Kyrgyz garrison and a military band.
- State History museum is a perfect display of the Kyrgyz people and the history of the country of Kyrgyzstan.
- Visit the central bazaar.
Finish your excursion. Transfer to Issyk-Kul lake. (260 km)
Arrival, hotel check-in. Overnight.
Issyk - Kul - Bishkek
Issyk Kul is one of the most wonderful lakes of the world, located in the north-eastern part of the Kyrgyz Republic. Issyk Kul is translated as “Hot Lake” and is considered as one of "the pearls of Central Asia". Due to the salty water, Lake Issyk Kul possesses curative qualities. There are many activities that entertain people on the beach: windsurfing, scooters, aqua parks, parachutes and rides on boats and ships. In winter there are also spots of alpinism where people enjoy incredible landscapes.
After traditional lunch, leisure time and light walking at the lake shore.
Finish your walking time.
Transfer back to Bishkek.
Arrival, hotel check-in.
Bishkek - Almaty
Transfer to the airport to take morning flight to Almaty.
Arrival. Meet with a driver and guide and start your excursion in Almaty:
- Panfilov Park. The name of the Panfilov Park comes after the heroes of Panfilov. There is a big monument in commemoration of the heroic actions made by 28 Almaty Soldiers who died back in 1941 fighting against Nazi tanks somewhere near Moscow;
-Zenkov Cathedral. Zenkov Wooden constructed Cathedral is one of the eight unique wooden buildings in the world. It is one of the few buildings to survive the 1911 earthquake, despite the fact it is built entirely of wood and constructed without nails;
- National Musical Instruments Museum. In the Museum of Musical Instruments, one can find various national musical instruments, the oldest of which is dated to the XVII century;
- Medeu, the World's largest speed skating rink known as Medeo. At the end of the gorge, there is a ski resort Shymbulak, situated at an altitude of 2.200 m above sea level. It is one of Central Asia's top skiing spots. Where we will take a cable car funicular to Shymbulak Ski resort.
- Meals: Lunches and dinners except those specified in the program;
- Transport and guide service for free time/free days ( can be added by request) and after the standard city tours; transport for walking tours in Bukhara and Khiva;
-Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”. Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.