In IX-X centuries during the reign of the Samanids, citadel was rebuilt and in the reign of the Sheibanid, citadel Ark looked like a modern building. East and west gate were built. “Gurian ” – east gate were destroyed in XVI century, and east gate “Registan” meet the guests not only from Bukhara but also tourists from over the world. According to the legend, citadel was built by epic hero Siyavush. Handsome young man and the daughter of the ruler Afrasiab were fell in love. But the girl’s father told to Siyavush to build a palace on the bull’s skin, if he wants to marry the princess. But Siyavush was cunning; he cut the skin into thin strips connecting the ends together and built a palace. By the beginning of the XX century there were the palaces of rulers, craft shops, warehouses, weapons, clothes, carpets. Three thousand people lived here.
Nowadays there is Bukhara State Museum, which includes: the department of numismatics and epigraphy, which has existed since 1987, the department of modern history and ethnography, here are stored 36 000 exhibits, the exhibition "Written Monuments", and the department of Bukhara nature is one of the oldest departments of the museum, which has been functioning since 1951.
Copyright © 2008 - 2020 Anur Tour Uzbekistan