You will have time for discussion the tour details the guide with our company representative.
Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start the excursion in Tashkent (5-6 hours)
– Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966, and is erected in the approximate place of the earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent - the main square of Uzbekistan reflects the past, present, and future of the country;
– Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah;
– Visiting the Chorsu market and drive back to the new city by metro.
Continue excursion with visiting Independence Square. There are fountains standing for life energy of Uzbek people, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers who died during the World War II, the arch " Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, a road "Ok Yul" (“Good way”) leading to Independence Monument and monument to Happy Mother that symbolize the hope for a great future.
One can often see the newly-weds who start a family and independent life walking through the arch of “Good and noble aspirations,” laying flowers at the monument of Happy Mother and Eternal flame.
07:00 Transfer from hotel to Tashkent train station.
08:07 Departure for Kokand by train.
12:11 Arrival in Kokand.
Come out of the terminal and meet the guide and driver.
Start sightseeing tour around Kokand visiting:
- Khudoyar-Khan Palace of 19th century;
- Jami Mosque;
- Norbut-Biya Madrassah;
- Modari Khan Mausoleum;
The tour program includes visiting the workshops of the famous potter - Rustam Umarov and master of silk carpets weaving Bahromjon Gafurov and visit the house of a traditional Kyrgyz family manufacturing wool carpets in Oq Yer village.
The excursion starts with visiting Said-Ahmad Hodji Madrassah where craftsmen produce original silk carpets. Visit to the local bazaar and to silk factory Yodgorlik where visitors are welcome to observe the process of silk manufacture with traditional decoration called “ikat”. If the tour is on Thursday or Sunday there will be a walk around the biggest bazaar of Fergana valley Kumtepa.
07:00 Transfer to the railway station of Tashkent.
08:00 Departure to Samarkand by train 'Afrosiyob'.
10:08 Arrival. Meet with a guide and driver, and start sightseeing program in Samarkand (6-7 hours):
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
Continue to the famous Registan Square – heart of Samarkand and real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture, the ensemble of grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
- Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn- Kussam;
- Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
09:00 Meet your guide at the hotel's lobby and start WALKING excursion around Bukhara:
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so-called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.
Countryside trip includes visiting the last Bukhara's Emir’s summer residence "Sitorai-Mokhi-Khossa" and Bakhauddin Naqshbandi mausoleum (the founder of Naqshbandi Sufi Spiritual order) Located near Bukhara the memorial complex of Bakhauddin Nakshbandi is considered as one of the most significant religious places of Bukhara that attracts many visitors as well as pilgrims.
This complex impresses with its incomparable style of oriental architecture, which reflects the spirit of the Sufi Order.
14:50 Transfer to railway station.
15:55 Depart for Tashkent by high-speed train “Afrosiab”
- Transport for walking city tours in Bukhara, guide and transport service for free time and after the standard city tours;
- Meals: lunches and dinners;
- Personal/travel insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.