Combined tour Uzbekistan - Tajikistan for 11 days. A trip to ancient cities of Uzbekistan and Tajikistan is the best tour for those who are interested in the culture and history of Central Asia. Enjoy your visit to such famous cities as Panjakent, Khujand, Istaravshan and the main cities of Uzbekistan.
Arrival in Tashkent. Our driver will meet you holding a sign 'ANUR TOUR.' Transfer to the hotel.
Meet with our manager. You will have time to discuss the tour details with him.
Resting time. Overnight.
Tashkent - Urgench - Khiva
Transfer to the airport.
Take a flight to Urgench. It will take 1h55m.
Arrival in Urgench. Come out of the terminal and meet with our driver. Drive to Khiva (~30-35 min)
Transfer to the hotel. Resting time.
Khiva - Bukhara
Breakfast in the hotel.
09:00 Meet with a guide in the hotel's lobby and start your walking excursion from:
– Ichan Kala known as “Inner town”. Ichan Kala which is the biggest open-air museum in Central Asia consists of the following architectural monuments: Ata Darbaza (West Gate), Kunya Ark, Muhammad Rakhim-Khan Madrasah, Muhammad Aminkhan Madrasah, Kalta Minor Minaret, Jome Mosque and Minaret, Islam Khodja Madrasah and Minaret, Said Alauddin Mausoleum, Pahlavan Mahmud Mausoleum, the last Khiva Khan Allakulikhan’s Madrasah and Tosh Hovli Palace where was the harem with 40 concubines, Caravanserai and Tim Allakulikhan.
Finish your excursion. Transfer to the railway station of Khiva.
Departure to Bukhara by standard train. (~ 5 hours) or by car, depends on the week day and time.
Arrival. Meet with a driver and transfer to the hotel.
Breakfast. 09:00 Meet your guide at the hotel's lobby and start WALKING excursion around Bukhara:
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so-called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel.
Bukhara - Samarkand
Breakfast at the hotel. Free time upon mid-P.M.
14:50 Transfer to the railway station of Bukhara.
15:50 Departure to Samarkand by train 'Afrosiyob' / 'Sharq' or by car. (depends on the weather conditions/train tickets availability). The road will take ~ 4,5 hours.
17:20 Arrival to Samarkand at late evening. Hotel check-in.
09:00 Meet a guide and a driver in the hotel's lobby and start excursion in Samarkand (5-6 hours), visiting:
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
Continue to the famous Registan Square – heart of Samarkand and real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture, the ensemble of grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor, and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
- Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn- Kussam;
- Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
Transfer to the border pass with Tajikistan "Sarazm". Pass the border.
Please, be aware that this procedure might take longer than you expect. Meet with a driver on the Tajik side and transfer to Penjikent. Meet with a guide and start sightseeing tour visiting:
- The Seven Lakes, six of them dammed origin, except the lake Hazorchashma. Lake called Marguzor, but each of the lakes has its own name: Nezhigon (other references Mizhgon), Soybean, Gushor, Nofin, Hurdak, Marguzor, Hazorchashma. They are often referred to simplify by the numbers, starting from the bottom of the lake: the first - Nezhigon second - Soy third Gushor, etc.
The difference in level between the upper and lower lake - 692 meters.
Transfer to the city. It was once an ancient town in Sogdiana. The ruins of the old town area on the outskirts of the modern city.
-The Sarazm Important Bird Area (UNESCO World Heritage) clay-brick ruins lie downstream of the city on the tugay-vegetated floodplain of the river. The archaeological site of the ruins of old Penjikent - a walled inter-city stood 2500- years ago - was once a Sogdian trading city on the Silk Road.
Transfer to the hotel. Resting time.
Penjikent - Istaravshan - Khujand
Meet with your driver in the hotel's lobby. Transfer to the Istaravshan (230 km, 4.5 h long)
Arrival. Meet with a guide and take an excursion in Istaravshan - the center of handicraft, winemaking, and dried fruit production. On top of that master from Istaravshan product knives, carpets, and national clothes. The hats from Tajikistan are very warm & beautiful, the knives don't lose their sharpness for long and the fruits can tell you everything about Central Asian sun.
Finish your excursion. Meet with a driver and head over to Khujand. (~71 km, 1h drive)
Arrival. Hotel check-in.
Khujand - Tashkent
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start city tour of Khujand with visiting: Pushkin square with Kamoli Khudjandi Square, Timur Malik’s fortress and Sugd museum, Muslihiddin memorial complex, Panjshanbe bazaar (Khujand’s central market that has many shops offering a different kind of goods and services. The name Panjshanbe comes from Persian language meaning “Thursday”. Panjshanbe is considered as one of the oldest markets in Tajikistan. The Silk Road which passes Khujand city had always made Panjshanbe to be crowded with traders and tourists).
Visit Arbob palace (Arbob palace had its particular significance in 1992 when it was the place for the meeting of the Tajik Soviet which officially declared independence from the Soviet Union. Also, it was the site where the Tajik flag was chosen).
Finish excursion. Transfer to the Uzbek-Tajik border pass 'Kanibadan'. Pass the border.
Please, be aware that this procedure might take longer than you expect.
Meet with a driver on the Uzbek side and transfer to Tashkent.
Arrival. Hotel check-in.
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start the excursion in Tashkent (5-6 hours)
– Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966, and is erected in the approximate place of the earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent - the main square of Uzbekistan reflects the past, present, and future of the country;
– Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah;
– Visiting the Chorsu market and drive back to the new city by metro.
Continue excursion with visiting Independence Square. There are fountains standing for life energy of Uzbek people, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers who died during the World War II, the arch " Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, a road "Ok Yul" (“Good way”) leading to Independence Monument and monument to Happy Mother that symbolize the hope for a great future.
One can often see the newly-weds who start a family and independent life walking through the arch of “Good and noble aspirations,” laying flowers at the monument of Happy Mother and Eternal flame.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.