A golden classic of Uzbekistan tours done by train 'Afrosiyob' or 'Sharq'.
A whole week itinerary crossing Uzbekistan in different directions, from South to West and back to green Tashkent for final excursion and goodbye kiss. You will see Uzbekistan from other side - as beautiful greenland, with ancient buildings and rich history.
Transferring time won't take too long - don't worry about it. But the excursions - will, and thats good. Uzbek history cannot be told in 2 words, uzbek cuisine cannot be represented within 2 dishes, and Uzbek culture cannot be shown only by 3 main cities.
Flight to Tashkent, the biggest city in Central Asia with 2.5 million population.
Arrival in Tashkent International Airport named by Islam Karimov, first President of Uzbekistan.
Migration formalities usually take 20 min to 60 min: visa/passport control and baggage claim.
Come out of the terminal and meet the staff holding a sign “ANUR TOUR” or with your name on it. Transfer to the hotel. As Tashkent airport not far from the city center, transfer will not take long time (20 – 40 minutes depend on from the hotel). Arrival in hotel. Check in. Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
Come out and meet the staff holding a sign “ANUR TOUR” or with your name on it. Transfer to the hotel.
Start WALKING sightseeing program in Bukhara(5-6 hours):
- Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
- Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
- Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft shops of souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes and carpets;
- Caravanserai Sayfuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
- There are three trading domes or so-called covered bazaars Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century and these bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
- Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so called Kosh (pare) madrassas opposite each other with distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
- Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impresses the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
- Bakhauddin Naqshbandi mausoleum (the founder of Naqshbandi Sufi Spiritual order) Located near Bukhara the memorial complex of Bakhauddin Nakshbandi is considered as one of the most significant religious places of Bukhara that attracts many visitors.
- Chor-Minor Madrasah - Chor-Minor is known as madrasah Halif Niyazkul (in Persian “Four minarets”) was built by merchant in 1807 in Bukhara.
Transfer to the hotel.
Leisure time in the evening. Overnight.
Back to Bukhara.
14:55 Transfer to the railroad station.
15.20 Departure from Bukhara by express train “Afrosiab”
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
- Continue to the famous Registan Square – heart of Samarkand and real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture, consists of three grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15th Century;
- Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn- Kussam;
- Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
10:00 Meet a guide in the hotel’s lobby and start sightseeing program.
Termez, one of the oldest cities in Central Asia, is located in the Surkhan Oasis, where ancient Buddihst monastery complexes coexisted along with monumental Islamic architectural masterpieces of the region. Tour around the city includes visiting:
- Kokildor-Ota Khanaka, Sultan Saodat Ensemble, a summer residence of Samani governours.
- Fortress Kyrk-Kyz; - the unique "Kirk Kiz" building ("forty girls”) which has attracted the attention of researchers for a long time, has been variously considered as a palace, an abbey, a caravansarai, Hanaqoh, or just simply a civil construction.
- Zurmala – Buddha’s stupa, Buddha complex Fayaz – Tepa – one of the museums in the open air under the protection of UNESCOl
- Mausoleum of Al – Hakim at – Termezi, the founder of the dervish order, an outstanding theologian who wrote numerous religious works and a leader of Islamic mysticism.
Continue excursion in Temrez and its suburbs visiting
- Kampyr – Tepe – Greco – Bactrian Kingdom fortress;
- Jarkurgan Minaret - The decoration of the minaret is not mosaic of colored tiles but masonry on ganch solution. The design is notable for that the tower consists of 16 half-columns in the shape of a flower or a star.
Drive back to Termez, of picturesque views of Surkhan oasis and Friendship Bridge, which connects Uzbekistan and Afghanistan;
- Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966 and is erected in the approximate place of earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent;
There are fountains standing for life energy of Uzbek people, the Cabinet and the Senate, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers who died during the Second World War, arch " Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, road "Ok Yul" (“Good way”) leading to Independence Monument and a monument to Happy Mother that symbolize the hope for a great future. One can often see the newlyweds who start a family and independent life walking through the arch of “Good and noble aspirations”, laying flowers at the monument of Happy mother and “Eternal flame”.