Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start transfering to Muynak.
Please, take as much sunscreen and dust protection with you, as you can.
The road will take ~3 hours (300 km)
12:00 Arrival in Muynak. A town once was a seaport, a living symbol of Aral Sea catastrophe. In 1960x years it was hard to reach Muynak by car or bus. The sea was so big and citizens of Muynak had their life and work.
But the government decided otherwise. In one early morning people of Muynak found out that waterline has moved 6~ meters away.
‘Maybe, just a seasonal low tide,’ - they thought.
But the sea has never returned.
Nowadays, Muynak has lost 70% of its population. Not only because of a gone sense to evolve and work, but also because of the dust coming up from dried sea bottom. Its filled with pesticides and salt washed away from the cotton fields. Salt is everywhere. Sand & dust are everywhere. Even the sunshine is hard to see through it.
The main sightseeing objects are: Museum of Aral Sea, the Monument of Awaiting Mother, abandoned pier and the Cemetery of Ships.
A memorial of Mother was placed not too long ago. It displays the statue of an elderly woman looking to the horizon and waiting for her son who went on a war. Under war the author meant WWII. A lot of mariners left their houses and families and only few could return after 45x years.
Maybe 20 years ago you could be able to find water far away on the horizon.
But now - not anymore.
Off-road sightseeing objects: Reunion Island, previously belonged to USSR army, soviet military base, Old Believers' cemetery with a village of repressed victims of Stalin, café ‘Muynak’ with very tasty yet salty dishes.
- Hotel accommodation in twin rooms with breakfast;
- Full transportation services on vehicles with a/c;
- Excursions with English speaking licensed guids;
- All train tickets;
- All entrance fees to the monuments and museums;
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.
- Meals (lunches and dinners);
- Fees for the use of photo and video cameras at the monuments.