Tashkent - Termez - Nukus - Khiva - Bukhara - Samarkand -Tashkent
all the year round
This 'ziyorat' religious tour going to introduce you to the most known religious places in Uzbekistan. All of them were built very long ago but still, represent a proud spirit of passed away great dynasties and warriors of the East.
Uzbekistan has a lot of holy places related to Zoroastrianism and Buddhism, many of them are located in Termez, previously known as a centre of Zoroastrian culture. We are proviing excursion to these places with a certified English-speaking guide.
Enjoy your stay in Uzbekistan, explore it sightseeing objects and acknowledge more about this wonderful place!
Flight to Tashkent
Arrival in Tashkent in the afternoon/evening.
Come out of the terminal and meet the driver holding a sign “ANUR TOUR” with your name on it. Transfer to the hotel.
Transfer to the hotel to drop off the bags. Standard check-in is in 14:00 PM local time. We can arrange your early check-in for an additional charge.
Start of a sightseeing tour in Tashkent (5 hours) with a visit to all significant places of Zoroastrian and Buddhist spiritual places:
- History Museum of Uzbekistan;
- An ancient settlement called Ming Urik (1000 apricot trees)
- Old city part of Tashkent: Chorsu Bazaar, Independence Square, Amir Temur Square, Broadway;
Overnight in the hotel.
08:00 Breakfast in the hotel, early check-out
10:15 Departure to Termez via local airlines (1h 20 mins in flight)
11:35 Arrival in Termez. Meet up with our guide and driver and start excursion.
You will start the tour from an ancient Buddhist center - Kokildor-Ota Khanaka. Then you'll follow your guide to visit an impressive monument of the ancient Samani dynasty - a Kyrk-Kyz fortress. Legends say that 40 tireless spirits of 40 emirs' daughters are still there traveling endlessly.
Then you will head over to Ensemble named Sultan Saodat after a famous emir who built it during his life. After that you'll see the most known monument of Zoroastrian culture - Zurmala Tower or so-called Buddha's stupa.
And for the last ones you'll observe several Buddhist archaeological sites of Kara-Tepe, Fayaz-Tepe, and Mausoleum of Al-Hakim at-Termezi.
Overnight at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Transfer from the hotel to the north side of Termez - to observe ancient Greco-Bactrian Kingdom fortress called Kampyr-tepe. After this you'll visit Jarkurkan Minaret which is located in the suburb of Termez. On a way back to Termez you will have time to enjoy views of Surkhan oasis and Friendship Bridge, which connects Uzbekistan and Afghanistan.
Visit local Archaeology Museum to acknowledge more about ancient Termez.
20:40 Departure to Tashkent via evening flight.
21:50 Arrival in Tashkent. Transfer to hotel, hotel check-in.
Overnight at the hotel.
Breakfast in hotel
XX:XX Transfer to the airport for departure to Nukus via morning flight.
XX:XX Departure to Nukus, 2h. 45 mins in flight.
12:00 Arrival in Nukus, transfer straight to the Savitsky Karakalpakstan Art Museum. It's a unique museum hosting the second world's largest collection of Karakalpak and avant-garde arts & art items. It was named after its founder - Igor' Vitalyevich Savitsky who hadn't only collected the artifacts of Karakalpak culture but also drew pictures himself.
Continue your tour to the center of Nukus: take a look at Berdah poet's statue, Nukus City Hall, Drama Theatre. Drive to Ayaz-Kala Yurt Camp. Leisure/ free time in the evening.
Overnight in the yurt.
Breakfast in the yurt camp.
Transfer to a large fortress called Gayur-Kala - a big reminder of the past when khans ruled this place. Then you'll see Koi-Krylgan Kala and the fort of Toprak-Kala where the Khan of Khorezm had built his residence.
Drive to Khiva (200~ km)
Arrival in Khiva. Accommodation in the hotel.
Overnight at the hotel.
Breakfast in the hotel
09:00 Start walking excursion in the historical part of Khiva – Ichan-kala (translated as “Inner town”). Ichan-kala - the largest Museum in the open air in Central Asia consisting from the next monuments:
- - Ata-Darvaza,Kunya- Ark,
- - Madrassah of Muhammad Rahim Khan,
- - Madrassah of Muhammed Aminhan,
- - Kalta Minor, the Palace of the Allakulihan Khan of Khiva
- - Tash Hauli, where the harem of 40 concubines was,
- - Caravanserai and Tim Allakulihan,
- - Pahlavan Mahmud Gates,Mausoleum of Seyd Allaudin,
- - Pahlavan Mahmud Mausoleum,
- - Minaret and Islam-Khoja Madrassah,
- - Mosque and Jami Minaret.
Free time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
08:00 Breakfast in the hotel.
Standard check-out. Drive to Bukhara via vehicle or train (depends on the weather and train tickets availability). We will follow the Great Silk Road route through Kyzylkum, the current highway copies it completely.
Quick stop en-route to enjoy views of Amudarya River and the desert.
Arrive in Bukhara late in the afternoon, check in to the hotel.
Overnight at the hotel.
09:00 Meet your guide in the hotel's lobby. Head over to the old part of Bukhara and start your walking excursion:
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so-called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight.
Breakfast in the hotel.
Continue Bukhara tour by visiting the following places: Sitorai Mokhi-Khosa - the last shelter of Bukhara's emir Seid Alim-Khan; Mausoleum of Bakhouddin Naqshbandi.
After lunch transfer to Samarkand via vehicle, because of quick stop-by at Caravanserai named after Rabat-i-Malik. This great building is dated from the 11th century.
Arrival in Samarkand. Check-in to the hotel.
Free time. Overnight.
Breakfast in the hotel.
09:00 Start sightseeing program (5-6hours):
–Gur Emir Mausoleum
– a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
– Continue to the famous Registan Square – the heart of Samarkand and a real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture consists of three grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor, and Madrassa Tilla Kori.
– Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15th Century;
08:00 Breakfast in the hotel. Early check-out.
Continue Samarkand tour:
– Shahi Zinda Necropolis - unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn-Kussam;
– Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in the medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
17:00 Departure to Tashkent via fast train 'Afrosiyob'.
19:10 Arrival in Tashkent.
Transfer to the hotel. Overnight.
Breakfast. Standard check-out. Transfer to the airport.
Departure from Tashkent.
End of the tour.
- Accommodation in standard double/twin rooms;
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per road conditions including transfers to-from train stations, and airports;
- English/Russian-speaking professional licensed local guides (10 standard excursions);
- Meals: breakfast at hotels;
- Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums as per program;
- Train tickets Samarkand – Tashkent by speed train "Afrosiab"/Sharq" (economy class);
- Tourist tax per person.
- International flights to/from Tashkent;
-Internal flight Tashkent - Nukus ( economy class, price subject to change);
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- E-visa to Uzbekistan (if required);
- Meals: lunches and dinners;
- Transport and guide service for free time/free days (can be added by request) and after the standard city tours; transport for walking tours in Khiva and Bukhara;
- VAT 15 %, personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
- Check-in 14.00, check-out time 11.00. No early check-in/ late check-out is included unless indicated;
- Please note that the tour price does not include seasonal VAT 15 %, VAT can be added to the basic tour price.
- Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English;
- All the changes in the basic itinerary, the timing for transfers depending on the international flight departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed;
- Please note that the train trip/s can be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule;
- After the date of publication, any changes in the hotels, air/train ticket prices, tax increase, and exchange rate fluctuation may influence the tour prices;
- Anur Tour is not responsible for the force majeure occasions (weather conditions during the tour, repairing-reconstructing works at some parts of roads, government restrictions).