Samarkand - Penjikent - Samarkand
All the year round
One day tour to Penjikent from Samarkand
The city of Penjikent in the south-west of the Sogd region of Tajikistan is rightfully considered one of the oldest cities in Central Asia.
For one day we will plunge into the atmosphere of an ancient city, founded more than two thousand years ago. You will spectate beautiful mosques dressed in mosaics and carvings, surrounded by green and flowers, or snows & silence.
Enjoy an exciting adventure in the city of Penjikent - an unforgettable experience is guaranteed!
08:00 Meet up with our driver in your hotel and transfer to Uzbek - Tajik border (about 40 km, about 35-40 min).
09:00 Arrival. Pass the border, border passing formalities: visa/passport control. Meet the guide and driver at Tajikistan side of the border.
Transfer to Penjikent (~30 km, 30 min).
Arrival and start the excursion program in Penjikent.
- Museum of Rudaki – As Penjikent is a birthplace of Abu-Abdallah Rudaki, considered by many to be the father of Persian Poetry.
Lunch in a traditional cafe serving traditional meals.
- Ancient Penjikent - the ruins of the old Sogdian town founded in the 5th century and abandoned in the 8th century by Arabs. Foundations of houses, a citadel with a couple of Zoroastrian fire temples and city bazaar are visible in the excavated ruins
- Sarazm ruins - one of the ancient settlements in Central Asia with a 5500-year civilization. In 2010 Sarazm was added to the list of Human Heritage by UNESCO.
In the evening transfer back to Tajik - Uzbek border pass.
Cross the border to Uzbekistan and meet the driver and transfer back to Samarkand.
End of the tour.
- Transfer Samarkand - border pass - Samarkand / border pass - Penjikent - border pass;
- English-speaking guide in Tajikistan;
- Entrance tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums, as per program;
- Touristic tax.
- Tajikistan E-visa cost if required (single entry $60);
- By request, Tajikistan visa support letter ( +$15 to the visa fee);
- Other services which not specified under “Tour price includes”.
- Please note that the tour price does not include seasonal VAT 12 %, VAT can be added to the basic tour price.
- The program can be adjusted for a private tour, the price of individual/private tour will be different;
- Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English;
- All the changes in the basic itinerary, the timing for transfers depending on the international flight departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed;
- After the date of publication, any changes in the hotels, air/train ticket prices, tax increase, and exchange rate fluctuation may influence the tour prices;
- Anur Tour is not responsible for the force majeure occasions (weather conditions during the tour, repairing-reconstructing works at some parts of roads, government restrictions).