Breakfast at the hotel.
You will have time to discuss the tour details with tour manager.
10:00 Meet the guide at the lobby. Start sightseeing tour of Tashkent (5 hrs):
- Amir Timur Square, founded in 1882 and originally called Konstantinovsky Square, was renamed in August 31, 1994 after of the Amir Temur to honor the cultural and historical contribution of the great conqueror.
Monument of Amir Timur (Tamerlane) is a bronze figure sitting on a horse and famous motto of the commander, engraved in four languages: “Justice is force”. Around the Square there are the State Museum of History of Timurids, Uzbekistan hotel, Forum Palace and famous chimes.
- Tashkent chimes, one of major symbols of Tashkent, were brought from defeated Koenisberg in 1945 by Sergeant Eisenstein as a gift to the native city. The chimes were installed on 9 May 1947 as a sign of the great victory and eternal glory of patriots who fought and died in World War II.
- Theatre Square with the Opera House : State Academic Bolshoi Theatre of Uzbekistan named after Alisher Navoi builit in 1947 is one of the best opera theatre of the world performs both classical and national repertoires, The theatre building survived undamaged after the strong earthquake in 1966 and impresses the visitors not only with monumental facade but also with exquisite decorative interior in national design of foyer. In front of the building there are fountains reminding the cotton bolls in shapes that colored lit at night.
- Independence Square , the main square of Uzbekistan reflects the past, present and future of the country. There are fountains standing for life energy of Uzbek people, the Cabinet and the Senate, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers who died during the Second World War, arch " Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, road "Ok Yul" (“Good way”) leading to Independence Monument and a monument to Happy Mother that symbolize the hope for a great future.
One can often see the newlyweds who start a family and independent life walking through the arch of “Good and noble aspirations”, laying flowers at the monument of Happy mother and “Eternal flame”.
- Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966 and is erected in the approximate place of earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent;
- Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah; Kaffal Shashi Mausoleum and the library of Islamic Literature with the Holy Koran Book of the VII century ( original Quran Othman). Khast Imam is one of the most significant spiritual centers in Central Asia and attracts the pilgrims and visitors all over the world.
18:00 Transfer to railway station.
18:50 Departure for Samarkand by tourist train “Afrosiab”/” Sharq”.
20:58 Arrival in Samarkand.
Come out of the terminal and meet the guide and driver at the meeting zone.
Transfer to the hotel.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.