We offer you a one-day individual city-tour in ancient Bukhara, the main attractions of Middle Ages with our professional English-speaking guide.
Bukhara is one of the 8 holy Muslim cities in the world. Its a place surrounded by sands and green lakes, called 'hauz'. Its always warm in Bukhara. Many conquerors had a quest to bring thick walls of Bukhara down and finally, the Russian Emperor Army did it.
The Ark Citadel was carefully restored, and one part of the walls is remaining in original look, so you can compare how it was and how it is now. Bukhara has so much to show - from Po-i Kalyan complex to Lyabi-Hauz square, from Ark Citadel to the soviet water tower (yes it's a monument too!), and of course, the cuisine of Bukhara has a fine sweet taste, with no excessive oil and fat.
Our one-day itinerary in Bukhara will show you everything in this wonderful city - just need to book a tour!
Duration: 6-7 hours
09:00 Meet with our guide in your hotel, who will wait for you with a sign “ANUR TOUR” and start WALKING sightseeing program in Bukhara (5-6 hours):
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
–Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.