Tour itinerary: Uzbekistan - Tajikistan - Kyrgyzstan
Season: April - October
Days: 16 |
16 days, dozens of cities, lots of sights and 3 countries to visit - all of that in our 16-days tour with the most competitive price!
Arrival in Tashkent. Our driver will meet you holding a sign 'ANUR TOUR.' Transfer to the hotel.
Meet with our manager. You will have time to discuss the tour details with him.
Resting time. Overnight.
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start the excursion in Tashkent (5-6 hours) – Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966, and is erected in the approximate place of the earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent - the main square of Uzbekistan reflects the past, present, and future of the country;
– Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah;
– Visiting the Chorsu market and drive back to the new city by metro.
Continue excursion with visiting Independence Square. There are fountains standing for life energy of Uzbek people, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers who died during the World War II, the arch " Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, a road "Ok Yul" (“Good way”) leading to Independence Monument and monument to Happy Mother that symbolize the hope for a great future.
One can often see the newly-weds who start a family and independent life walking through the arch of “Good and noble aspirations,” laying flowers at the monument of Happy Mother and Eternal flame.
Finish your excursion. Transfer to the hotel. Resting time.
Tashkent - Urgench - Khiva
Transfer to the airport.
Departure to Urgench by plane.
Arrival. Meet your guide & driver in the terminal. Transfer to Khiva's hotel, drop off the bags. Start your walking excursion from the old part of the city:
– Ichan Kala known as “Inner town”. Ichan Kala which is the biggest open-air museum in Central Asia consists of the following architectural monuments: Ata Darbaza (West Gate), Kunya Ark, Muhammad Rakhim-Khan Madrasah, Muhammad Aminkhan Madrasah, Kalta Minor Minaret, Jome Mosque and Minaret, Islam Khodja Madrasah and Minaret, Said Alauddin Mausoleum, Pahlavan Mahmud Mausoleum, the last Khiva Khan Allakulikhan’s Madrasah and Tosh Hovli Palace where was the harem with 40 concubines, Caravanserai and Tim Allakulikhan.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel.
Khiva - Bukhara
Breakfast in the hotel.
Departure to Bukhara by train 'Afrosiyob' or by car through the Kyzylkym desert. (depends on the weather condition. Trains schedule is 08:57 - 14:50, Tue, Fri, Sun)
Arrival in Bukhara. Transfer to the hotel, check-in.
09:00 Meet your guide at the hotel's lobby and start WALKING excursion around Bukhara:
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so-called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel.
Bukhara - Samarkand
Departure to Samarkand by car. The road will take approx. 5 hours. (300 km)
Arrival. Meet our driver and transfer to the hotel. Free time.
09:00 Meet with your guide & driver at the hotel's lobby and start excursion in Samarkand:
– Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants decorated with gold ornaments and considered as one of the most significant places in the world;
– Continue to the famous Registan Square – the heart of Samarkand and a real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture consists of three grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor, and Madrassa Tilla Kori.
– Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city which was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
– Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) belonging to the Muslim person named Saint Abbas ibn-Kussam;
– Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in the medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
Transfer to the border pass with Tajikistan "Sarazm". Pass the border.
Please, be aware that this procedure might take longer, than you expect. Meet with a driver on the Tajik side and transfer to Penjikent. Meet with a guide and start sightseeing tour visiting:
- The Seven Lakes, six of them dammed origin, except the lake Hazorchashma. Lake called Marguzor, but each of the lakes has its own name: Nezhigon (other references Mizhgon), Soybean, Gushor, Nofin, Hurdak, Marguzor, Hazorchashma. They are often referred to simplify by the numbers, starting from the bottom of the lake: the first - Nezhigon second - Soy third Gushor, etc.
The difference in level between the upper and lower lake - 692 meters.
Transfer to Penjikent. It was once an ancient town in Sogdiana. The ruins of the old town area on the outskirts of the modern city.
-The Sarazm Important Bird Area (UNESCO World Heritage) clay-brick ruins lie downstream of the city on the tugay-vegetated floodplain of the river. The archaeological site of the ruins of old Penjikent - a walled inter-city stood 2500- years ago - was once a Sogdian trading city on the Silk Road.
Transfer to the hotel. Resting time.
Penjikent - Iskanderkul
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby. Start your excursion in Penjikent (2 hours) - an ancient city located in Sughd province of Tajikistan. The popularity is approx.~ 32 000 people. The ruins of the old town just continue newer city borderline. The Sarazm Important Bird area (so-called natural reserve guarding a rich birdlife area) lies downstream of the new Panjakient city, covered by strong tugay groves.
Earlier in the Mid Ages Panjakent was a trading city standing on the Silk Roadway. The leftovers of it signifies that it was built from raw or poorly dried bricks so it was easy to break and even easier to collapse.
Finish your excursion.Transfer to Iskanderkul - a literal pearl of Fann mountains, a lake locked between two thick roots of them. The lake is named after Alexander the Great - due to the legend he drown around 200 people in it who disobeyed to him.
The water in Iskanderkul is very clean but also cold. Even in Summer the temperature of it barely goes higher than 10C.
Finish your walking & birdwatching session.
Transfer to the cottage settlement.
Iskanderkul - Dushanbe
Transfer to Dushanbe (130 km, ~4h long). Arrival, hotel check-in to drop off the bags.
Meet the guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start city tour with visiting Tajik National Museum with Tajik pride –the biggest Buddha in Nirvana. Visiting Tajik flagpole-the World tallest flagpole (165 m); the main square of Dushanbe;Monument of Ismoili Somoni-the forefather of Tajik Nation.
A 40-meter high monument built to the memory of Ismaili Saman-Khuda, founder of the Samanid dynasty in the X century. The base contains a permanent exhibition on the Samanids ad that is paved in granite slabs. The upper part of the statue is coated with gold.
Lunch in Choikhona-tea house in Dushanbe where you can enjoy the Tajik traditional food and feel the atmosphere of the East.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel.
Dushanbe - Bishkek
Continue your previous excursion with visiting Dushanbe's other sights and bazaars.
Finish your excursion.
Transfer to the airport. Take a flight to Bishkek (~5 hours)
Arrival. Meet with a driver and transfer to the hotel.
Check-in, resting time.
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby. Sightseeing tour includes a visit to Oak Park - the city center. It is known also as Dubovy Park - today it is one of the favorite places among tourists in Bishkek.Ala-Too Squareis the central square in Bishkek. It serves as a place for state events and celebrations. Philharmonic hall – situated at the top of Rose Alley.
- Statue of Manas(Manas is a legendary Kyrgyz hero and the classic centerpiece of Kyrgyz literature). Victory Square, wherein the center you can see the Victory monument, a memorial which was completed in 1984. Usually, the main festival events are held in Bishkek at the eternal flame, on Victory Square, where is posted guard of honor, forces of Kyrgyz garrison and a military band.
- The Historical Museum located in Bishkek is considered one of the most impressive historical museums of the country as it shows the entire history of the Kyrgyz from their nomadic living to the 1940’s war.
The State Historical Museum of Bishkek is a museum worth visiting both by tourists as well as natives. After the city tour, you will visit the Asian bazaar. Transfer to the traditional restaurant. Lunch.
Finish your excursion. Transfer to the hotel.
Bishkek - Issyk-Kul
Breakfast at the hotel. Meet with a driver.
Transfer to Issyk Kul (265 km, 4~ hours) via:
- Burana Tower(80km from Bishkek) and an open air museum of Balbans (stone warriors). You will get to enjoy a traditional lunch and then continue trip to the lake.The tower was originally 45m but because of great earthquake, its height was reduced to 25m. There are many legends about this place that capture visitors’ imagination.
Issyk Kul Lake surrounded by the celestial mountains. It is the second largest alpine lake in the world (1608 m. above sea level). The lake is called "the pearl of Central Asia". Due to the salty water, Lake Issyk Kul possesses curative qualities.
Arrival. Hotel check-in.
Issyk-Kul - Karakol
A spare time to visit a place with ancient pictures on stones-petroglyphs, where you can see a panorama view of the Issyk Kul Lake. Shamans made these petroglyphs and told people that this place was the middle of the world. The stones are at the same place waiting the visitors to reveal their secrets.
Back to the hotel.
Swimming session at Issyk-Kul if the time of the year is warm or walking tour around Issyk-Kul if its cold.
Mid P.M. - transfer to Karakol. (150 km, ~3 hours)
Arrival. Hotel check-in.
Resting time, or walking.
Karakol - Bishkek
Breakfast at the hotel.
Sightseeing of Karakol visiting:
- Museum of N.M. Przhevalski (Russian explorer of Asian continent),
- Dungan mosque (mosque built in Chinese style) and old Russian Orthodox Cathedral (wood church made without any nail).
Transfer to Bishkek. Arrival in the afternoon.
In the morning you will be transferred to the international airport “Manas” to catch your flight back home.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.