18 day tour Uzbekistan - Turkmenistan - Kyrgyzstan
Tour itinerary: Uzbekistan - Turkmenistan - Kyrgyzstan
Season: April - October
Days: 18 |
18 days, dozens of cities, lots of sights and 3 countries to visit - all of that in our 18-days tour with the most competitive price!
Arrival in Tashkent. Our driver will meet you holding a sign 'ANUR TOUR.' Transfer to the hotel.
Meet with our manager. You will have time to discuss the tour details with him.
Resting time. Overnight.
Tashkent - Urgench - Khiva
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport.
Departure to Urgench by plane.
Arrival. Meet your guide & driver in the terminal. Transfer to Khiva's hotel, drop off the bags. Start your walking excursion from the old part of the city:
– Ichan Kala known as “Inner town”. Ichan Kala which is the biggest open-air museum in Central Asia consists of the following architectural monuments: Ata Darbaza (West Gate), Kunya Ark, Muhammad Rakhim-Khan Madrasah, Muhammad Aminkhan Madrasah, Kalta Minor Minaret, Jome Mosque and Minaret, Islam Khodja Madrasah and Minaret, Said Alauddin Mausoleum, Pahlavan Mahmud Mausoleum, the last Khiva Khan Allakulikhan’s Madrasah and Tosh Hovli Palace where was the harem with 40 concubines, Caravanserai and Tim Allakulikhan.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel. .
Khiva - Kunya Urgench - Darvaza
Breakfast in the hotel.
Transfer to Turkmen – Uzbek Border. Passing the border. (check-point Shavat). Meet with a driver and start moving to Kunya-Urgench.
Arrival. Meet with a guide and start sightseeing tour (5-6 hours) with visiting:
- The founder mausoleum of Sufi sects "Kubra" Nadzhimetdin Kubra (XII-XIII centuries);
- The mausoleum of Mongolian princess Torebeg-Hanym (XII-XIV centuries);
- Minaret Mamun (X-XI centuries);
- Minaret Kutlug-Timur (XII-XIV c, the highest minaret in Central Asia - 67m height);
- Mausoleum Kyrkmolla (II in BC - III A.D.);
- Mausoleum Arslan II (the oldest building in the city - date of its bookmark is roughly estimated by XI century).
Finish excursion. Transfer by car to the gas crater Darwaza(260 km to north from Ashgabad).
In 1971 geologists accidentally found an underground cavern filled with natural gas. The ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of about 50-100 meters. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, it was decided to burn the gas. Geologists had hoped the fire would go out in a few days but it has been burning ever since. Locals have named the cavern The Gate to Hell, and the sight of the crater at night indeed gives a somewhat spooky feel.
The views are most impressive in the dark, and an overnight stay in tents near the crater is a unique experience, especially when accompanied by a barbeque dinner.
Overnight in the tents camp.
Darvaza - Ashgabat
Breakfast at the camp.
Leave the camp and start driving to Ashgabat. (~5 hours)
Arrival. Transfer to the hotel.
Ashgabat - Mary
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start city tour with visits to Ertogrul Gazy Mosque, Independence Park with Monument of Independence (it's a 118m column that consider the highest building in the country), Neutrality Arch - an unique composition that rotates slowly after the sun. Visiting National Museum, where you can see more than 166 unique exposition from Ancient Merv and Nissa.
A trip to ancient Nissa (18km from Ashgabad) that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the ruins of the ancient city (the date of foundation of the I millennium BC - I millennium BC). Return back to Ashgabad. Visit en-route Turkmenbashi Mosque-Mausoleum. It's considered the biggest in Central Asia (10 thousands of people). There're beautiful garden and fountains near the mosque.
Finish your excursion. Transfer to the airport.
Departure flight to Mary. (~40 mins)
Arrival. Meet with our driver and transfer to the hotel.
Mary - Merv - Bukhara
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and take a trip to Gonur Depe (UNESCO) that is a capital temple city of the country Margush. Necropolis of Gonur Tepe holds a lot of mysteries for historians, archaeologists and scientists.
Upon return to Mary, visit to History museum of Merv region.Excursion to Ancient Merv (UNESCO). Discover historical park with: Sultan Sanjar Mausoleum, Mohammed bin Said Mausoleum, medieval castles – “Kesk” fortresses (6-7 centuries) and others.
Finish excursion. Return to Mary.
Transfer to the border post 'Farab' for border crossing. Please, be aware of slow visa checking-out process on the Turkmen side.
Pass the border.
Meeting in Uzbekistan with our driver, transfer to Bukhara.
Arrival, hotel check-in.
09:00 Meet your guide at the hotel's lobby and start WALKING excursion around Bukhara (5-6 hours):
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so-called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel.
Bukhara - Samarkand
Breakfast at the hotel. Free time upon mid P.M.
Transfter to the railway station of Bukhara.
Departure to Samarkand by train 'Afrosiyob' / 'Sharq' or by car. (depends on the weather conditions / train tickets avaiability). The road will take ~ 4,5 hours.
Arrival to Samarkand at late evening. Hotel check-in.
09:00 Meet a guide and a driver in the hotel's lobby and start a first part of the excursion in Samarkand (3-4 hours), visiting:
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
Continue to the famous Registan Square – heart of Samarkand and real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture, the ensemble of grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
Finish your first half of the excursion.
Transfer to the hotel.
Samarkand - Tashkent
Breakfast at the hotel.
09:00 Meet the guide in the lobby. Continue your excursion in the historical part of Samarkand and suburbs (3-5 hours):
- Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn- Kussam;
- Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
Finish excursion. Transfer to the railway station of Samarkand.
Departure to Tashkent by train 'Afrosiyob' / 'Sharq' or by car. (depends on the weather conditions / train tickets avaiability). The road will take ~ 3 hours.
Arrival to Tashkent at late evening. Hotel check-in.
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start the excursion in Tashkent (5-6 hours) – Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966, and is erected in the approximate place of the earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent - the main square of Uzbekistan reflects the past, present, and future of the country;
– Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah;
– Visiting the Chorsu market and drive back to the new city by metro.
Continue excursion with visiting Independence Square. There are fountains standing for life energy of Uzbek people, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers who died during the World War II, the arch " Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, a road "Ok Yul" (“Good way”) leading to Independence Monument and monument to Happy Mother that symbolize the hope for a great future.
One can often see the newly-weds who start a family and independent life walking through the arch of “Good and noble aspirations,” laying flowers at the monument of Happy Mother and Eternal flame.
Finish your excursion. Transfer to the hotel. Resting time.
Tashkent - Kokand - Fergana
07:00 Transfer to the railway station.
08:07 Departure to Kokand by train 'Afrosiyob.'
12:13 Arrival in Kokand. Meet with your guide & driver. Start sightseeing excursion in Kokand, observing local architectural mausoleums and handicraft heritage.
After - transfer to Rishtan. Get introduced to the local sights and masters.
Transfer to Fergana. Check-in the hotel.
Fergana - Andijan
Breakfast at the hotel.
09:00 Continue sightseeing tour in Fergana valley:
- Ahmad Al-Fargoni monumental complex ,
- Margilan visiting Said-Ahmad Hodji Madrassah where craftsmen produce original silk carpets,
- Silk factory Yodgorlik where visitors are welcome to observe the process of silk manufacture with traditional decoration “ikat”.
Transfer to Andijan to visit;
- Bobur museum,
- Art and Literature Museum,
- Bog-I Shamol.
Finish your excursion. Transfer to the hotel.
Andijan - Osh - Bishkek
Breakfast at the hotel.
08:00 Transfer to the Uzbek- Kyrgyz border Dostyk (ETA 09:00)
Border crossing formalities (40 min- 1, 5 hrs depending on the customs formalities and tourist flow).
Meet the guide and driver. Transfer to Osh for overview sightseeing tour visiting:
- Suleiman mountain and Museum,
- Osh Bazaar,
- Main Square with Lenin statue.
06:00 Transfer to local airport.
16:45 Flight Osh-Bishkek
17:25 Arrival in Bishkek Airport.
Meet the driver and transfer to the hotel.
Check-in the hotel.
Bishkek - Issyk - Kul - Karakol
Breakfast at the hotel. Meet with a driver.
Transfer to Karakol via Issyk Kul.
- Burana Tower (80km from Bishkek) and an open air museum of Balbans (stone warriors). You will get to enjoy a traditional lunch and then continue trip to the lake.The tower was originally 45m but because of great earthquake, its height was reduced to 25m. There are many legends about this place that capture visitors’ imagination.
Issyk Kul Lake surrounded by the celestial mountains. It is the second largest alpine lake in the world (1608 m. above sea level). The lake is called "the pearl of Central Asia". Due to the salty water, Lake Issyk Kul possesses curative qualities.
Upon arrival, a visit a place with ancient pictures on stones-petroglyphs, where you can see a panorama view of the Issyk Kul Lake. Shamans made these petroglyphs and told people that this place was the middle of the world. The stones are at the same place waiting the visitors to reveal their secrets.
Transfer to the hotel.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight.
Karakol - Bishkek
Breakfast at the hotel.
Sightseeing of Karakol visiting:
- Museum of N.M. Przhevalski (Russian explorer of Asian continent),
- Dungan mosque (mosque built in Chinese style) and old Russian Orthodox Cathedral (wood church made without any nail).
Transfer to Bishkek. Arrival in the afternoon.
Bishkek - Ala-Archa gorge
09:00 Meet with a guide and driver in the hotel's lobby and start the excursion to Ala Archa Natural park(80 km), which attracts visitors with its beautiful mountain scenery and hiking trails. Easy hike in the park.
In the Ala-Archa gorge you can see 1,100 species of plants, and its fauna is rich and diverse. There are foxes, wolves, hares, badgers, porcupines, argali, snow leopard and griffins here.
P.M. Return back to Bishkek for city tour with visits to State History Museum at Ala Too Square, Lenin Statue, White House, Manas Monument.
Finish your excursion. Transfer back to the hotel.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.