12 day tour Uzbekistan - Tajikistan - Turkmenistan
Tour itinerary: Uzbekistan - Tajikistan - Turkmenistan
Season: April - October
Days: 12 |
12 days, dozens of cities, lots of sights and 3 countries to visit - all of that in our 12-days tour to Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan with the most competitive price!
Arrival in Tashkent. Our driver will meet you holding a sign 'ANUR TOUR.' Transfer to the hotel.
Meet with our manager. You will have time to discuss the tour details with him.
After - group up a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start the excursion in Tashkent (5-6 hours) – Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966, and is erected in the approximate place of the earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent - the main square of Uzbekistan reflects the past, present, and future of the country;
– Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah;
– Visiting the Chorsu market and drive back to the new city by metro.
Continue excursion with visiting Independence Square. There are fountains standing for life energy of Uzbek people, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers who died during the World War II, the arch " Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, a road "Ok Yul" (“Good way”) leading to Independence Monument and monument to Happy Mother that symbolize the hope for a great future.
One can often see the newly-weds who start a family and independent life walking through the arch of “Good and noble aspirations,” laying flowers at the monument of Happy Mother and Eternal flame.
Finish your excursion. Transfer to the hotel. Resting time.
Tashkent - Samarkand
07:00 Transfer to the railway station.
08:00 Departure to Samarkand by train.
10:10 Arrival. Meet with our guide & driver and start excursion in Samarkand:
– Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants decorated with gold ornaments and considered as one of the most significant places in the world;
– Continue to the famous Registan Square – the heart of Samarkand and a real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture consists of three grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor, and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
– Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city which was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
– Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) belonging to the Muslim person named Saint Abbas ibn-Kussam;
– Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in the medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
Finish excursion. Transfer to the hotel and check-in.
Overnight in the hotel.
Samarkand - Seven Lakes (Marguzor)
Breakfast at the hotel.
08:30 Transfer to the border post 'Jarteppa', border-crossing formalities: visa/passport control.
Meet with our driver on the Tajik border Jarteppa.
Transfer to Seven Lakes and surroundings:
- The Seven Lakes also known as 'Marguzor', six of them dammed origin, except the lake Hazorchashma. Lake called Marguzor, but each of the lakes has its own name: Nezhigon (other references Mizhgon), Soybean, Gushor, Nofin, Hurdak, Marguzor, Hazorchashma. They are often referred to simplify by the numbers, starting from the bottom of the lake: the first - Nezhigon second - Soy third Gushor, etc.
The difference in level between the upper and lower lake - 692 meters.
Transfer to the main lake called Nezhigon.
Check-in the guesthouse.
Resting time, overnight.
Seven Lakes - Penjikent - Jartepa
Breakfast. Transfer to Penjikent (~30 min)
Start the excursion in the Panjakent city. It was once an ancient town in Sogdiana. The ruins of the old town area on the outskirts of the modern city.
-The Sarazm Important Bird Area (UNESCO World Heritage) clay-brick ruins lie downstream of the city on the tugay-vegetated floodplain of the river. The archaeological site of the ruins of old Penjikent - a walled inter-city stood 2500- years ago - was once a Sogdian trading city on the Silk Road.
Earlier in the Mid Ages Panjakent was a trading city standing on the Silk Roadway. The leftovers of it signifies that it was built from raw or poorly dried bricks so it was easy to break and even easier to collapse.
Finish your excursion. Transfer to the border post 'Jarteppa', border-crossing formalities: visa/passport control.
Meet with our driver on the Uzbek border.
Transfer to Samarkand. (~1h)
Arrival, hotel check-in.
Samarkand - Asraf - Bukhara
Breakfast. Departure to Samarkand via Asraf by car. (~4,5h)
Take a walking excursion in Asraf. Once settled next to Nurata village where Alexander the Great had built his fortress, nowadays there are so few to see: Chashma Spring, petroglyphs, walking session to Nurata Mountains and of course, the fort itself.
Finish excursion. Walk on your own to the guesthouse, check-in.
Asraf - Bukhara
Breakfast in a very traditional Uzbek style.
Walking session, taking photos.
Drive further to Bukhara. (~2,5 hours)
Arrival, hotel check-in.
09:00 Meet your guide at the hotel's lobby and start WALKING excursion around Bukhara:
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so-called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel.
Bukhara - Mary
Breakfast in the hotel.
Transfer to Uzbek - Turkmen Boarder pass "OLOT-FARAB". Border formalities on both sides, meeting with representative of Turkmenistan travel company. Transfer to Mary.
En route visit to the Ancient Merv (UNESCO). Discover historical park with: Sultan Sanjar Mausoleum, Mohammed bin Said Mausoleum, medieval castles – “Kesk” fortresses (6-7 centuries) and others. Return to Mary. Visit the History museum of Merv region.
Finish your excursion.
Transfer to hotel. Check in to the hotel and overnight.
Mary - Ashgabat - Darwaza
Transfer to the airport for a flight to Ashgabat.
Departure. The flight Mary - Ashgabat will take 40 mins.
Arrival. Meet with a driver and guide, take an excursion in Ashgabat:
Start city tour with visits to Ertogrul Gazy Mosque, Independence Park with Monument of Independence (it's a 118m column that consider the highest building in the country), Neutrality Arch - an unique composition that rotates slowly after the sun. Visiting National Museum, where you can see more than 166 unique exposition from Ancient Merv and Nissa.
A trip to ancient Nissa (18km from Ashgabad) that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the ruins of the ancient city (the date of foundation of the I millennium BC - I millennium BC). Return back to Ashgabad. Visit en-route Turkmenbashi Mosque-Mausoleum. It's considered the biggest in Central Asia (10 thousands of people). There're beautiful garden and fountains near the mosque.
Finish your excursion. Transfer by car to gas crater Darwaza (260 km to the north from Ashgabad).In 1971, geologists accidentally found an underground cavern filled with natural gas.
The ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of about 50-100 meters. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, they decided to burn the gas. Geologists had hoped the fire would go out in a few days but it has been burning ever since. Locals have named the cavern The Gate to Hell, and the sight of the crater at night indeed awakens mysterious feelings.
The views are most impressive in the dark, and an overnight stay in a camp near the crater is a unique experience.
Barbeque dinner and overnight in the camp.
Darvaza - Kunya - Urgench - Khiva
Camp-style breakfast. Transfer to Kunya-Urgench.
Start sightseeing tour visiting:
- The founder mausoleum of Sufi sects "Kubra" Nadzhimetdin Kubra (XII-XIII centuries);
- The mausoleum of Mongolian princess Torebeg-Hanym (XII-XIV centuries);
- Minaret Mamun (X-XI centuries);
- Minaret Kutlug-Timur (XII-XIV c, the highest minaret in Central Asia - 67m height);
- Mausoleum Kyrkmolla (II in BC - III A.D.);
- Mausoleum Arslan II (the oldest building in the city - date of its bookmark is roughly estimated by XI century).
Transfer to Turkmen – Uzbek Border.
Pass the border (border crossing may take 1 -2 hrs).
Meet the driver at the Uzbekistan side of border. Transfer to Khiva.
Overnight at the hotel.
Khiva - Tashkent
Breakfast at the hotel.
09:00 Meet the guide in the lobby. Start walking excursion in the historical part of Khiva – Ichan-kala (translated as “Inner town”). Ichan-kala - the largest Museum in the open air in Central Asia consisting from the next monuments:
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.