A trip to ancient cities of Uzbekistan and Tajikistan is the best tour for those who are interested in the culture and history of Central Asia. Enjoy your visit to such famous cities as Penjikent & Khiva
Arrival in Tashkent. Our driver will meet you holding a sign 'ANUR TOUR.' Transfer to the hotel.
Meet with our manager. You will have time to discuss the tour details with him.
Resting time. Overnight.
Tashkent - Samarkand
07:00 Transfer to the railway station of Tashkent.
08:00 Departure to Samarkand by train 'Afrosiyob'.
10:08 Arrival. Meet with a guide and driver, and start sightseeing program in Samarkand (6-7 hours):
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
Continue to the famous Registan Square – heart of Samarkand and real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture, the ensemble of grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
- Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn- Kussam;
- Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
Finish excursion. Back to the hotel. Resting time.
Samarkand - Penjikent - Seven Lakes
08:00 Transfer to the border pass with Tajikistan "Sarazm". Pass the border.
Please, be aware that this procedure might take longer, than you expect. Meet with a driver on the Tajik side and transfer to Penjikent. Meet with a guide and start sightseeing tour visiting:
- The Seven Lakes, six of them dammed origin, except the lake Hazorchashma. Lake called Marguzor, but each of the lakes has its own name: Nezhigon (other references Mizhgon), Soybean, Gushor, Nofin, Hurdak, Marguzor, Hazorchashma. They are often referred to simplify by the numbers, starting from the bottom of the lake: the first - Nezhigon second - Soy third Gushor, etc.
The difference in level between the upper and lower lake - 692 meters.
Transfer to the hotel. Resting time.
Penjikent - Samarkand
09:00Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby.
Start your excursion in Penjikent (2 hours) - an ancient city located in Sughd province of Tajikistan. The popularity is approx.~ 32 000 people. The ruins of the old town just continue newer city borderline. The Sarazm Important Bird area (so-called natural reserve guarding a rich birdlife area) lies downstream of the new Panjakient city, covered by strong tugay groves.
Earlier in the Mid Ages Panjakent was a trading city standing on the Silk Roadway. The leftovers of it signifies that it was built from raw or poorly dried bricks so it was easy to break and even easier to collapse.
Finish your excursion.
Transfer back to Tajik - Uzbek border pass 'Sarazm'.
Cross the border to Uzbekistan, meet the driver and transfer to Samarkand.
Arrival. Resting time
Samarkand - Shakhrisabz - Bukhara
Departure to Bukhara by car via Shakhrisabz. (~340 km)
Arrival in Shakhrisabz. Meet with your guide. Start your walking excursion around Shakhrisabz (2-3 hours).
There is not so much you could sightsee, in comparison with Samarkand, his so-called older brother. But sights of Shakhrisabz are truly unique.
If you drive to Shakhrisabz from Bukhara - you will have to pass a mountain pass called ‘Takhtakaracha’. The road cafe up there cooking meat probably better than some restaurant with 3 Michelin stars. You can sit on ‘ayvan’, with a piece of mutton shashlik and take lunch while spectating a stunning view of Uzbek nature.
Sights of Shakhrisabz:
- Ak Saray Palace (“White Palace”), the ruins of the summer palace of Tamerlane. The palace was constructed and decorated by deported from conquered Khorezm skillful builders, masters and artisans. Some parts of the gate tower survived to the present day.
- Mausoleum of Dorus-Saodat ("The Place of Power", XIV century) contains the tomb of Eldest and favorite Tamerlane’s son Jahongir.
- Visit Kok Gumbaz, so-called “House of Meditation”
- Mausoleum Gumbazi-Seyidon of the XVI century where the descendants of Ulugbek are buried.
Finish your excursion. Walk back to your driver and continue the way to Bukhara.
Arrival. Transfer to the hotel.
Breakfast. 09:00 Meet your guide at the hotel's lobby and start WALKING excursion around Bukhara:
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so-called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.
09:00 Meet with a guide in the hotel's lobby and start sightseeing in the old part of Khiva (5-6 hours) – Ichan Kala known as “Inner town”. Ichan Kala which is the biggest open air museum in Central Asia consists of the following architectural monuments: Ata Darbaza (West Gate), Kunya Ark, Muhammad Rakhim-Khan Madrassa, Muhammad Aminkhan Madrassa, Kalta Minor Minaret.
Continue city tour with visits to Juma Mosque and Minaret, Islam Khodja Madrassa and Minaret, Said Alauddin Mausoleum, Pahlavan Mahmud Mausoleum, the last Khiva Khan Allakulikhan’s Madrassa and Tosh Hovli Palace where was the harem with 40 concubines, Caravanserai and Tim Allakulikhan. Finish excursion.
Back to the hotel.
Khiva - Urgench - Tashkent
Breakfast. A little free time in the morning.
Departure ride to Urgench by car. (30 km, ~30 min drive)
Arrival. Transfer to the airport of Urgench.
Departure flight to Tashkent by the day flight (1h30 min long)
Arrival.Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start the excursion in Tashkent (5-6 hours)
– Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966, and is erected in the approximate place of the earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent - the main square of Uzbekistan reflects the past, present, and future of the country;
– Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah;
– Visiting the Chorsu market and drive back to the new city by metro.
Continue excursion with visiting Independence Square. There are fountains standing for life energy of Uzbek people, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers who died during the World War II, the arch " Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, a road "Ok Yul" (“Good way”) leading to Independence Monument and monument to Happy Mother that symbolize the hope for a great future.
One can often see the newly-weds who start a family and independent life walking through the arch of “Good and noble aspirations,” laying flowers at the monument of Happy Mother and Eternal flame.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.