A good variant of the tour to your visit to such famous cities as Penjikent & Bukhara during the 7-days trip to Uzbekistan & Tajikistan
Arrival in Tashkent. Our driver will meet you holding a sign 'ANUR TOUR.' Transfer to the hotel.
Meet with our manager. You will have time to discuss the tour details with him.
Resting time. Overnight.
Tashkent - Samarkand
07:00 Transfer to the railway station of Tashkent.
08:00 Departure to Samarkand by train 'Afrosiyob'.
10:08 Arrival. Meet with a guide and driver, and start sightseeing program in Samarkand (6-7 hours):
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
Continue to the famous Registan Square – heart of Samarkand and real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture, the ensemble of grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
- Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn- Kussam;
- Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
Finish excursion. Back to the hotel. Resting time.
Samarkand - Penjikent - Samarkand
08:00 Meet up with our driver in your hotel and transfer to Uzbek - Tajik border 'Jartepa' (40 km)
09:00 Arrival Uzbek - Tajik border pass. Pass the border. Meet by Tajikistan staff and transfer to Penjikent (~50 km, 30 min)
Arrival and start the excursion program in Penjikent.
- Museum of Rudaki – As Penjikent is a birthplace of Abu-Abdallah Rudaki, considered by many to be the father of Persian Poetry. Before lunch, we'll visit the local bazaar and mosque.
Lunch in a traditional Chaikhana (tea room/tea house), for the lunch you will get a chance to taste plov (rice with meat and vegetables) cooked according to Penjikent recipe.
- Ancient Penjikent - the ruins of the old Sogdian town founded in the 5th century and abandoned in the 8th century by Arabs. Foundations of houses, a citadel with a couple of Zoroastrian fire temples and city bazaar are visible in the excavated ruins
- Sarazm ruins - one of the ancient settlements in Central Asia with a 5500-year civilization. In 2010 Sarazm was added to the list of Human Heritage by UNESCO.
In the evening transfer back to Tajik - Uzbek border pass.
Cross the border to Uzbekistan and meet up with a driver and transfer back to Samarkand.
Arrival, hotel check-in.
Samarkand - Bukhara
08:50 Transfer to the railway station of Samarkand.
09:50 Departure to Bukhara by train 'Afrosiyab'
11:19 Arrival. Come out of the terminal and meet with a driver holding a sign 'ANUR TOUR.' Transfer to the hotel. Drop off the bags.
Meet with a guide and start your walking excursion in Bukhara (5-6 hours):
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so-called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel.
Bukhara - Tashkent
A little free time till mid P.M.
14:30 Transfer to the railway station of Bukhara.
15:50Departure to Tashkent by train.
19:40 Arrival. Our driver will meet you holding a sign 'ANUR TOUR.' Transfer to the hotel.
Resting time. Overnight.
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start the excursion in Tashkent (5-6 hours) – Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966, and is erected in the approximate place of the earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent - the main square of Uzbekistan reflects the past, present, and future of the country;
– Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah;
– Visiting the Chorsu market and drive back to the new city by metro.
Continue excursion with visiting Independence Square. There are fountains standing for life energy of Uzbek people, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers who died during the World War II, the arch " Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, a road "Ok Yul" (“Good way”) leading to Independence Monument and monument to Happy Mother that symbolize the hope for a great future.
One can often see the newly-weds who start a family and independent life walking through the arch of “Good and noble aspirations,” laying flowers at the monument of Happy Mother and Eternal flame.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.