Start WALKING sightseeing program in Bukhara (5-6 hours):
- Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
- Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
- Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft shops of souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
- Caravanserai Sayfuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
- There are three trading domes or so called covered bazaars Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century and these bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
- Visit Ulugbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas opposite each other with the distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
- Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impresses the imagination;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
09:00 Transfer to Samarkand via Shakhrisabz town through beautiful Takhta Karacha pass(320 km). Photo stops en-route.
Meet the guide in Shahrisabz.
Excursion tour in Shakhrisabz includes visiting (2,5 hrs):
- Ak Saray Palace (“White Palace”), the ruins of the summer palace of Tamerlane. The palace was constructed and decorated by deported from conquered Khorezm skillful builders, masters and artisans. Some parts of the gate tower survived to the present day.
- Mausoleum of Dorus-Saodat ("The Place of Power", XIV century) contains the tomb of Eldest and favorite Tamerlane’s son Jahongir.
- Visit Kok Gumbaz, so-called “House of Meditation.
- Mausoleum Gumbazi-Seyidon of the XVI century where the descendants of Ulugbek are buried.
Continue to Samarkand. Arrival in Samarkand. Hotel check-in.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
- Continue to the famous Registan Square – the heart of Samarkand and a real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture, the ensemble of grandiose buildings: Ulugbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor, and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15th Century;
- Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn- Kussam;
- Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in the medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
Start sightseeing tour of Tashkent (5 hrs) visiting old and new parts of the city:
- Amir Temur Squarefounded in 1882 and originally called Konstantinovsky Square was renamed in 1994 after Amir Timur to honor the cultural and historical contribution of the great conqueror.
- Tashkent chimes, one of the major symbols of Tashkent, were brought from defeated Koenigsberg in 1945 as a sign of the great victory and eternal glory of patriots who fought in World War II.
- Theatre Square with the Opera House: State Academic Bolshoi Theatre of Uzbekistan named after Alisher Navoi built in 1947 is one of the best opera theatres of the world that performs both classical and national repertoires.
- Independence Square, the main square of Uzbekistan. There are fountains, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers of World War, arch "Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, road "Ok Yul" leading to Independence Monument and a monument to Happy Mother symbolizing the hope for a great future.
- Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966, and is erected in the approximate place of the earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent;
- Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah; Kaffal Shashi Mausoleum and the library of Islamic Literature with the Holy Koran Book of the VII century (original Quran Othman). Khast Imam is one of the most significant spiritual centers in Central Asia and attracts pilgrims and visitors all over the world.
Transfer to the hotel.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
07:00Transfer from hotel to Tashkent train station.
08:07 Departure for Kokand by train.
12:11Arrival in Kokand.
Come out of the terminal and meet the guide and driver.
Kokand(mentioned as Khavakand or Kokan derived from a tribal name) is an ancient city that due to favorable location was one of the convenient fortified points of caravan routes in the Great Silk Road.
Nowadays, Kokand is a modern town at the crossroads of Tashkent, Fergana valley to Andijan and the other route to Khujand (Tajikistan) and is considered as one of the most important pre-border points.
Start sightseeing tour around Kokand visiting :
- Khudoyar-Khan Palace of 19th century is listed in the world heritage of UNESCO, at present days houses Kokand Regional History Museum that exhibits a unique collection of more than 3000 artifacts from ancient, khanate and tsarist periods of the region.
- Norbut-Biy Madrassah, the largest madrassa in Kokand. The madrassa was built in XVIII century by captured architects as well as the famous Bukharian architect Usto Muhammed Salih Kasim, so the design and construction is quite typical to some monuments of XVIII Century in Bukhara.
- Modari Khan Mausoleum (Modari - khan means “Mother of Khan”) was built in 1825 by order of the widow of Umarkhan, famous poetess Nodira to honor the tomb of her mother-in-law. Since then the mausoleum became the family mausoleum where most of the female members of khan family were buried.
- Rishton (50 km west of Fergana) famous all over the world for its pottery that is decorated according to ancient tradition that is more than 800 years. Masters hand down their trade secrets from father to son. The unique red clay ceramic masterpieces are decorated with naturally made ultramarine, turquoise and azure ornaments known as blue glaze "ishkor".
- Workshop of the famous potter Rustam Umarov where visitors are welcome to observe the finest Rishtan ceramics in wonderful hand made and painted tea sets and lagans and beautifully decorated jugs and vases.
- Fergana is a relatively young city that was founded as a strategic fortified point in Turkestan in 1876 during tsarist period of the region. The town was initially called as New Margilan, further in soviet period renamed as Fergona in 1924. Nowadays, Fergana is a flourishing beautiful town and despite its young history became the central point of Fergana valley.
- Visit Ahmad Al-Fargoni monumental complex;
- Continue to Margilan. Margilan (“Marg” from Persian green grass, “lon”- “place“) was inhabited settlement in Fergana valley since IV-III Centuries BC, the town was well known for its crafts and finest silk fabrics from the Great Silk Road period up to now.
08:00Transfer to the Uzbek- Kyrgyz border Dostyk (ETA 09:00),
Border crossing formalities (40 min- 1, 5 hrs depending on the customs formalitiesand tourist flow). Meet the guide and driver.
Transfer to Osh, Osh is the oldest city in Kyrgyzstan, for sightseeing tour visiting
- Suleiman Mountain. Suleiman Too (Suleiman is the prophet Solomon - Suleyman in Quran, “Too “is “mountain”). The museum is the only UNESCO sight of the whole mountain with many sacred places in caves and paths. It is quite unusual – the museum with rare artifacts is located in the largest cave of the mountain. Besides, there are several caves, rocks and niches each with its name. The locals and pilgrims believe every spot of the mountain is sacred and come here to follow the rituals and pray for better life and good health; couples come pray to be blessed with a child. It is believed that every spot of the mountain is sacred. There is a watching platform with beautiful panoramic views to the city and surrondings.
- Osh Bazaar, a colorful bazaar with more than 2000 years history, plays an important role in the Great Silk Road as a major landmark. Nowadays, along the visitors may take a walk around and enjoy shopping in the shops of national clothes, embroidery, handicrafts and souvenirs.
- Main Square with Lenin statue. Kyrgyz people are very respectful to the history of Soviet period and kept the monument to Lenin in main cities as the country major developments were made during soviet time.
- Oak Park - city center. It is known also as Dubovy Park - today it is one of the favorite places among tourists in Bishkek.
- Ala - Too Square is the central square in Bishkek. It serves as a place for state events and celebrations. Philharmonic hall – situated at the top of Rose Alley.
- Statue of Manas (Manas is legendary Kyrgyz hero and the classic centerpiece of Kyrgyz literature).
- Victory Square, where in the centre you can see the Victory monument, a memorial which was completed in 1984. Usually the main festival events are held in Bishkek at eternal flame, on Victory Square, where is posted guard of honor, forces of Kyrgyz garrison and a military band.
- Transfer to Ala Archa Natural park (80 km), which attracts visitors with its beautiful mountain scenery and hiking trails. Easy hike in the park with its rich and diverse fauna and flora. In the Ala - Archa gorge, one can see 1,100 species of plants.
- Transfer to Chon Kemin valley with en-route stop in Burana tower – remains of an ancient town Balasagun.
- Burana Tower was the vertical dominant of the ancient city Balasagun, the north capital of the Turkic lingual state of the Karakhanids and the small nearby museum with its collection of ancient bal - bals, carved stone figures used as monuments.
09:00 Transfer to Karakol with sightseeing en-route:
- On the way stop at Cholpon Ata History and Ethnology Museum, visit Petroglyphs site at Issyk Kul Lake. Cholpon - Ata petroglyphs are located between the northern, western and northwestern outskirts of Cholpon - Ata. The drawings theme is varied but the main pictures are the images of animals: deer, bulls, horses, wild rams, goats, wolves and many others.
Start sightseeing in Karakol visiting:
- The wooden Russian-orthodox church;
- Dungan mosque is one of the most famous places in Karakol town. The most interesting thing is that it is built without a single metal nail. More than 100 years ago there was a Chinese master who lived in this town. Dungans are people from China who had Muslim religion. The construction was made of bricks and wood and decorated with various ornaments.
- Museum of N.M. Przhevalski (Russian explorer of Asian continent).
In the morning set off on 4x4 Russian Van for transfer to Altyn Arshan valley, set in a dramatic alpine valley, Altyn Arashan offers therapeutic hot spring baths and scenic hiking trails.
Part of the Arashan State Nature Reserve, the valley is 2,600 m (8, 530 ft) above sea level, framed by rugged peaks that include the 4,260 m (13,976 ft 976 ft) Pick Palatka.
The resort itself is remote and basic, with hot spring water guided into concrete baths within wooden structures. Be prepared for the smell of the sulphur in the baths, which is reputedly very beneficial for visitors’ health.
09:00 Transfer to south of Issyk Kul Lake with sightseeing en- route visiting:
- Transfer to Jeti Oguz gorgefamous for its red rocks formations that have a name Seven Bulls – Jeti Oguz. One can see there the Broken Heart Mountain, one of the most popular places among locals and visitors. By request, light hiking tour to go on a top of a mountain (20 minutes) to see a panorama view of the gorge.
Enjoy the panoramic views of Red Rocks. Later we drive to Barskaun gorge to beautiful nature and the highest waterfall in Kyrgyzstan.
After hiking exploration, continue to canyon Fairy Tale - red rocky canyon.
Transfer to Beltam Yurt camp located on the Southern Coast of Issykul Lake.