Start WALKING sightseeing program in Bukhara (6 hours):
- Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
- Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
- Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft shops of souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes and carpets;
- Caravanserai Sayfuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
- There are three trading domes or so-called covered bazaars Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century and these bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
- Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so called Kosh (pare) madrassas opposite each other with distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
- Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impresses imagination of visitors;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
Excursion tour in Shakhrisabz includes visiting ( 2 ,5 hrs)
- Ak Saray Palace (“White Palace”), the ruins of the summer palace of Tamerlane. The palace was constructed and decorated by deported from conquered Khorezm skillful builders, masters and artisans. Some parts of the gate tower survived to the present day.
- Mausoleum of Dorus-Saodat ("The Place of Power", XIV century) contains the tomb of Eldest and favourite Tamerlane’s son Jahongir.
- Visit Kok Gumbaz, so-called “House of Meditation.
- Mausoleum Gumbazi-Seyidon of XVI century where the descendants of Ulugbek are buried.
Continue to Samarkand. Arrival in Samarkand. Hotel check in.
09:00 Meet the guide at the lobby and start sightseeing tour in Samarkand (6 hours):
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
- Continue to the famous Registan Square – heart of Samarkand and real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture, the ensemble of grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
- Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn- Kussam;
- Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
- Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966 and is erected in the approximate place of earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent;
07:00 Transfer from hotel to Tashkent train station.
08:07 Departure for Kokand by train.
12:11 Arrival in Kokand.
Come out of the terminal and meet the guide and driver.
Start sightseeing tour around Kokand visiting :
- Khudoyar-Khan Palace of 19 century,
- Jami Mosque.
- Norbut-Biya Madrassah,
- Modari Khan Mausoleum.
Transfer to Rishton (50 km west of Fergana) famous all over the world for its pottery that is decorated according to ancient tradition that is more than 800 years. Masters hand down their trade secrets from father to son. The unique red clay ceramic masterpieces are decorated with naturally made ultramarine, turquoise and azure ornaments known as blue glaze "ishkor".
A visit to the workshops of the famous potter Rustam Umarov. Transfer to Fergana.
- Oak Park - city center. It is known also as Dubovy Park - today it is one of the favorite places among tourists in Bishkek.
- Ala -Too Square is the central square in Bishkek. It serves as a place for state events and celebrations. Philharmonic hall – situated at the top of Rose Alley.
- Statue of Manas (Manas is legendary Kyrgyz hero and the classic centerpiece of Kyrgyz literature).
- Victory Square, where in the centre you can see the Victory monument, a memorial which was completed in 1984. Usually the main festival events are held in Bishkek at eternal flame, on Victory Square, where is posted guard of honor, forces of Kyrgyz garrison and a military band.
- Transfer to Ala Archa Natural park (80 km), which attracts visitors with its beautiful mountain scenery and hiking trails. Easy hike in the park with its rich and diverse fauna and flora. In the Ala-Archa gorge, one can see 1,100 species of plants.
- Transfer to Chonkemin valley with en-route stop in Burana tower – remains of an ancient town Balasagyn.
- Burana Tower was the vertical dominant of the ancient city Balasagun, the north capital of the Turkic lingual state of the Karakhanids.
- On the way stop at Cholpon Ata History and Ethnology Museum, visit Petroglyphs site at Issyk Kul Lake. Cholpon-Ata petroglyphs are located between the northern, western and northwestern outskirts of Cholpon-Ata. The drawings theme is varied but the main pictures are the images of animals: deer, bulls, horses, wild rams, goats, wolves and many others.
Later continue to Karakol. Sightseeing of Karakol visiting
- Museum of N.M. Przhevalski (Russian explorer of Asian continent),
- Dungan mosque (mosque built in Chinese style) ;
- Old Russian Orthodox Cathedral (wood church made without any nail).
In the morning set off on 4x4 Russian Van for transfer to Altyn Arshan valley, set in a dramatic alpine valley, Altyn Arashan offers therapeutic hot spring baths and scenic hiking trails.
Part of the Arashan State Nature Reserve, the valley is 2,600 m (8,530 ft) above sea level, framed by rugged peaks that include the 4,260 m (13,976 ft) Pik Palatka.
The resort itself is remote and basic, with hot spring water guided into concrete baths within wooden structures. Be prepared for the smell of the sulphur in the baths, which is reputedly very beneficial for visitors’ health.
Transfer to Jety-Oguz Gorge, one of the most popular sights in the Issyk-Kul Region.
Jety-Oguz from Kyrgyz translated as “Seven bulls”. The gorge was named due to the rock massif of red clay, which is the main feature of the gorge. The rocks have a very bright color, and this is quite a rarity for the Tien Shan Mountains. Enjoy the panoramic views of Red Rocks. Later we drive to Barskaun gorge to beautiful nature and the highest waterfall in Kyrgyzstan.
After hiking exploration, continue to canyon Fairy Tale Red rocky canyon.
Transfer to Beltam Yurt camp located on the Southern Coast of Issykul Lake.
Accommodation in standard twin-shared rooms in hotels ; shared rooms in guesthouses , shared yurts in Beltam and Son Kul;
Tourist tax per person;
Meals: breakfasts in hotels ; meals in guesthouses and yurt camps (camp- style/home-made meals fixed menu/alcohol excluding);
All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport sedan /mini bus/SUV as per terrain requires, including transfers to-from airports, train stations and borders;
English speaking local professional licensed guides in Uzbekistan as per program ( 7 standard excursions), English speaking local guides in Kyrgyzstan;
Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums and nature fees as per program;
Train tickets Khiva- Bukhara by standard train ( economy class) OR transfer by car;
Train tickets Samarkand – Tashkent (economy class) by tourist train “Afrosiab”/”Sharq”, Tashkent – Kokand by standard day train (economy class).
Internal flight Osh - Bishkek (economy class).
International flights to Tashkent /from Bishkek;
Photo/video fees (professional camera);
Internal flight Tashkent - Urgench (by request);
Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan e/visa( if required);
Meals: lunches and dinners;
Transport and guide service for free time/free days ( can be added by request) and after the standard city tours; transport for walking tour in Khiva and Bukhara;
Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.