Sufis are a special caste of people, distinguished by their ascetic lifestyle and piety. Pilgrimage to holy places purifies the soul and brightens the mind. There are some certain sightseeing objects related to Sufi - such as Khast Imam complex in Tashkent, religious objects in Bukhara - such as mausoleums dedicated to famous religious figures.
Samarkand has something to offer aswell - famous Shakh-i Zinda complex will impress anyone and let to feel the ancient spirit and culture surroundings.
Come out of the terminal and meet the driver holding a sign “ANUR TOUR” with your name on it. Transfer to the hotel. Meet with your tour manager at the lobby. You will have time to discuss the tour details.
Start sightseeing tour of Tashkent (5-6 hrs) visiting new and old parts of the city:
- Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966 and is erected in the approximate place of earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent;
There are fountains standing for life energy of Uzbek people, the Cabinet and the Senate, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers who died during the Second World War, arch " Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, road "Ok Yul" (“Good way”) leading to Independence Monument and a monument to Happy Mother that symbolize the hope for a great future. One can often see the newlyweds who start a family and independent life walking through the arch of “Good and noble aspirations”, laying flowers at the monument of Happy mother and “Eternal flame”.
07:00 Transfer from the hotel to the railway station.
08:00 Departure to Samarkand by high-speed train "Afrosiab".
10:10 Arrival in Samarkand. Meeting at the station with our guide and transfer to the hotel, drop off the bags and meet with the guide.
Start sightseeing program in Samarkand (6 hours):
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
- Continue to the famous Registan Square – heart of Samarkand and real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture, consists of three grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
- Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn- Kussam;
- Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
Drive to Urgut (40km). Visit to the holy place associated with the name of the founder of the Sufi order "Kadiriy" Hovsuli Azam Abdul Kodir. The city is famous Urgut shinara, whose age is more than 1000 years.
Return to Samarkand.
A visit to the ensemble Abdi-Darun (Abdu-Darun), the most revered holy place in Central Asia; the ensemble Abdi Birun, a memorial complex built by the descendants of the Prophet Muhammad; the tombs of St. Khoja Ahrar Wali, the famous Sufi.
Transfer to Bukhara (270 km). On the way, visit the Imam Al Bukhari memorial complex, located in the village of Hartang. The complex was built on the burial site of the famous religious leader Abu Abdullah al-Bukhari in honor of his 1225th anniversary of his birth.
Start WALKING sightseeing program in Bukhara(5-6 hours):
- Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
- Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
- Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft shops of souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
- Caravanserai Sayfuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
- There are three trading domes or so-called covered bazaars Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century and these bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry, and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
- Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas opposite each other with the distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
- Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impresses the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
- Bakhauddin Naqshbandi mausoleum (the founder of Naqshbandi Sufi Spiritual order) Located near Bukhara the memorial complex of Bakhauddin Nakshbandi is considered one of the most significant religious places of Bukhara that attracts many visitors.
- Chor-Minor Madrasah - is known as madrasah Halif Niyazkul (in Persian “Four minarets”) was built by merchant in 1807 in Bukhara.
15.00 Transfer to the railway station.
15.50 Train to Tashkent.
19.45 Arrival in Tashkent.
Transfer to the hotel.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.