Samarkand – Shahrisabz – Samarkand
all year round
2 days tour to the places where Timur the Great has lived, prayed and built his great Tamerlane Empire. During the itinerary you will visit Samarkand - the heart of Temurids Dynasty, Shakhrisabz - a homeland of Tamerlane and some off-road sights which are not listed in a casual tourist guide.
Get ready to sightsee marvelous buildings, mysterious paintings, golden shining and lots of blue patterns - from sky to marine bottom colours.
Welcome to Uzbekistan! Welcome to Samarkand!
Meet the guide and driver at the hotel in Samarkand.
09:00 Transfer to Shahrisabz through beautiful Takhta Karacha pass (320 km). Photo stops en-route.
Excursion tour in Shahrisabz includes visiting (2,5 hrs):
- Ak Saray Palace (“White Palace”), the ruins of the summer palace of Tamerlane. The palace was constructed and decorated by deported from conquered Khorezm skillful builders, masters and artisans. Some parts of the gate tower survived to the present day.
- Mausoleum of Dorus-Saodat ("The Place of Power", XIV century) contains the tomb of Eldest and favorite Tamerlane’s son Jahongir.
- Visit Kok Gumbaz, so-called “House of Meditation.
- Mausoleum Gumbazi-Seyidon of the XVI century where the descendants of Ulugbek are buried.
Return to Samarkand.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
09:00 Meet the guide and driver in the hotel lobby.
Start sightseeing program in Samarkand (6 hours):
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
- Continue to the famous Registan Square – the heart of Samarkand and a real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture, the ensemble of grandiose buildings: Ulugbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor, and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15th Century;
- Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn- Kussam;
- Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in the medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
- Samarkand bazaar – Siyab.
Transfer to the hotel.
End of the tour.
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per road conditions including transfers to-from hotel;
- English-speaking professional licensed local guide in Samarkand (2 standard excursions);
- Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums and natural fees as per program;
- Tourist tax per person;
- Bottled water.
- Accommodation in Samarkand and meals (can be added by request);
- E-visa to Uzbekistan (if required);
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- VAT 15 %, personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
- Check-in 14.00, check-out time 11.00. No early check-in/ late check-out is included unless indicated;
- Please note that the tour price does not include seasonal VAT 15 %, VAT can be added to the basic tour price.
- Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English;
- All the changes in the basic itinerary, the timing for transfers depending on the international flight departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed;
- Please note that the train trip/s can be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule;
- After the date of publication, any changes in the hotels, air/train ticket prices, tax increase, and exchange rate fluctuation may influence the tour prices;
- Anur Tour is not responsible for the force majeure occasions (weather conditions during the tour, repairing-reconstructing works at some parts of roads, government restrictions).