Tashkent – Urgench – Ayaz Kala – Khiva
all year round
Tour to the ancient Khorezm fortress - Ayaz-Kala, standing still on the edge of Kyzylkum desert. Once was a great fort and citizens of it never knew a loss, sadly, they lost a fight against desert and Mother Nature. They followed river flow because water means life even nowadays and the desert still remaining to be very dangerous towards nomads and farmers.
Travel to Khorezm - to see and feel that ancient spirit of elder Uzbekistan. Book this short tour right away!
Meet the driver at the hotel in Tashkent.
06:00 Transfer to the local airport.
07:25 Flight to Urgench by HY51.
08:55 Arrival in Urgench Airport.
Come out of the terminal and meet with our driver.
Transfer to Ayaz-kala archeological sights.
- Ayaz-kala and Toprak-kala, the fortresses of Kushan period of Ancient Khorezm that used to be mighty border forts protecting the residents from raids of nomadic tribes. The forts were built in ~4-7th century BCE, during the ages when Khorezm achieved its independence. The fortresses are located on the hills quite close to each other and visitors are welcome to have a short overview tour in the monumental forts that currently are drowning in sands.
Transfer to the yurt camp.
Lunch at the camp.
Leisure and resting time in the evening.
By request take a camel ride.
Enjoy beautiful sunset views and starry sky at night.
Dinner and overnight in the yurt.
Transfer to Khiva hotel to drop off the bags and meet the guide at the lobby.
Start walking excursion in the historical part of Khiva – Ichan-Kala (translated as “Inner town”). Ichan-Kala - the largest Museum in the open air in Central Asia consisting of :
- Ata-Darvaza, Kunya- Ark;
- Madrassah of Muhammad Rahim Khan;
- Madrassah of Muhammed Aminhan;
- Kalta Minor, the Palace of the Allakulihan Khan of Khiva;
- Tash Hauli, where the harem of 40 concubines was;
- Caravanserai and Tim Allakulihan;
- Pahlavan Mahmud Gates, Mausoleum of Seyd Allaudin,
- Pahlavan Mahmud Mausoleum;
- Minaret and Islam-Khoja Madrassah;
- Mosque and Jami Minaret.
Return to the hotel in Khiva.
End of the tour.
- Accommodation in shared yurts in the yurt camp in Ayaz Kala;
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per road conditions;
- English-speaking professional licensed local guide in Khiva (1 standard excursion);
- Meals: camp style breakfast, lunches and dinner in the yurt camp (fixed menu, alcohol excluding);
- Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums and nature fees as per program;
- Tourist tax per person.
- Accommodation in Tashkent and Khiva (can be added by request);
- Air ticket Tashkent - Urgench
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- E/visa to Uzbekistan (if required);
- Meals: lunches and dinners except those specified in “Tour Price Includes”;
- VAT 15 %, personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
- Check-in 14.00, check-out time 11.00. No early check-in/ late check-out is included unless indicated;
- Please note that the tour price does not include seasonal VAT 15 %, VAT can be added to the basic tour price.
- Please note that the guesthouses/yurt camps provide basic shower and toilet conditions;
- Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English;
- All the changes in the basic itinerary, the timing for transfers depending on the international flight departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed;
- Please note that the train trip/s can be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule;
- After the date of publication, any changes in the hotels, air/train ticket prices, tax increase, and exchange rate fluctuation may influence the tour prices;
- Anur Tour is not responsible for the force majeure occasions (weather conditions during the tour, repairing-reconstructing works at some parts of roads, government restrictions).