Tashkent – Bukhara – Samarkand – Tashkent
all the year round
We are glad to present you a short but informative & interesting tour with visiting blessed Bukhara and famous Samarkand. This tour is ideal for tourists who don't have enough time but want to visit as many places as possible.
Get ready to see world-famous city squares, mausoleums and madrassah - all dressed in green and blue. They have many secrets - and the guides barely tell them all, you have to ask and be interested.
Remember to support local traditions - spill the tea to every your mate on lunch time if you want to show love and respect.
Flight to Tashkent, the biggest city in Central Asia with 2.5 million population.
Arrival in Tashkent International Airport named by Islam Karimov, first President of Uzbekistan.
Migration formalities usually take 20 min to 60 min: visa/passport control and baggage claim.
Come out of the terminal and meet the staff holding a sign “ANUR TOUR” or with your name on it. Transfer to the hotel. As Tashkent airport not far from the city center, transfer will not take long time (20 – 40 minutes depend on from the hotel).
22:05 Depart Tashkent for Bukhara by night train № 072
06:16 Arrival in Bukhara train station. Come out and meet the staff holding a sign “ANUR TOUR” or with your name on it. Transfer to the hotel.
14:00 standard check-in.
Start WALKING sightseeing program in Bukhara(5-6 hours):
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft shops of souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes and carpets;
– Caravanserai Sayfuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading domes or so called covered bazaars Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century and these bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas opposite each other with distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impresses the imagination of every visitor;
– Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
04:00 Transfer from the hotel to the railway station
04:55 Depart for Samarkand by train “Afrosiab"
06:37 Arrival in Samarkand
Start sightseeing program in Samarkand (6 hours):
– Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
– Continue to the famous Registan Square – heart of Samarkand and real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture consists of three grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor, and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
– Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15th Century;
– Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn- Kussam;
– Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;