Aral Sea Tour - 2
The Aral Sea discovery is available for everyone from now on.
Our tour to the Aral Sea could find the answers to your questions. We will drive on jeeps through the endless desert to find remains of the previously great dynasty of Turks. We will follow the ancient Great Silk Road and reach the Aral Sea within 10 hours.
08:30 Start driving from Nukus to Mizdakhan. The road will take ~7 hours. Our endpoint is Yurt Camp at the Aral Sea (~400 km). During the road, we will visit several places:
- Mizdakhan complex: an antique necropolis, previously was known as Khorezm, still, owns several mausoleums and memorials. From there you will be able to sense a breath of the sea.
- Muynaq - a town that once was a seaport. There we will visit the Ships Cemetary and Museum of Muynaq.
- Ustyurt Plateau - a huge platform of ancient rocks slowly floating down to the Aral sea. Some part of it was covered by sea but now its naked and salted. The parts of the ancient bottom still appearing near the old coast.
- Aral Sea endpoint - we will drive straight to the waterline and there take an overnight. BBQ on the open air and observing the night sky with bright stars on.
Overnight in a comfortable yurt camp.
08:30 Early breakfast in a yurt camp.
Driving back to Nukus (~400 km). The road will lead us through Davletgirey-caravan-Sarai-Ustyurt Plateau-Sudochie Lake-Kungrad-Nukus.
Stop-by Davletgirei (also known as Kurgancha-Kala) - an ancient building that previously was a something like a hostel with bazaar for travelers and traders.
We continue our way to Ustyurt plateau. So many secrets and riddles it offers for anyone who dares to come in. If you look at it from above you will notice huge drawings looking like figures of birds and animals.
Drive further to Lake Sudochie. At Spring you will be able to see how flocks of pink flamingos fly to there and live their lives.
16:00 Lunch in Kungrad.
20:00 Arrival in Nukus. Transfer to your hotel
End of the tour.
OR OTHER HOTELS OF THE SAME LEVEL
- - Accommodation in 3-4 pax shared yurts standard;
- Camp-style meals: breakfast, 2 lunches and dinner in a yurt ;
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class SUV transport as per terrain requirements;
- Single entry tickets to the nature and historical sites as per program;
- 1L of bottled water pppd.
- - Photo/video fees (for using a professional camera);
- English speaking escorting guide service ( by request) ;
- Meals: Lunches and dinners except those specified in the program;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
NOTE: participants of the tour should be in a good physical form and if needed - to bring your medical treatments from home side. We highly recommend to prepare your medical insurance in case of traveling through wild nature and some parts of a drive might be tough - sandy winds, hot sun, insects, lack of water.