Samarkand – Seven Lakes – Penjikent – Samarkand
all year round
Tajikistan welcomes dear guests to explore the breath-taking nature beauty of Fan Mountains and marvellous Marguzor lakes. Enjoy the 2 day guided trip from Samarkand to Marguzor and Penjikent at special price.
Meet the driver at the hotel in Samarkand.
08:00 Transfer to border Jartepa. Border crossing (it usually takes 30 min- 1 hr).
Meet the guide and driver at Tajikistan part of the border.
Start an excursion to Seven lakes.
Transfer to Marguzor, the famous seven lakes - seven wonderful water mirrors full of mountain riverside drops. Each lake looks different whenever the sun changes its position. Colors may vary from deep blue to indie color ripple. Most of them are cold to swim even in summer. These lakes belong to Fann Mountains system.
On the western edge of the Fan Mountains in the valley of the river Shing there are seven lakes, six of them are dammed origin, except the lake Hazorchashma. Lakes are called Marguzor, but each of the lakes has its own name:
1. Nezhigon (other references Mizhgon),
The difference in level between the upper and lower lake - 692 meters.
Transfer to Penjikent - an ancient town in Sogdiana and now it is a city in the Sugd province of Tajikistan on Zeravshan River.
Transfer to the hotel.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel.
09:00 Start sightseeing tour in Penjikent visiting:
-The Sarazm Important Bird Area (UNESCO World Heritage) lies downstream of the city on the tugay-vegetated floodplain of the river.
-The archaeological site of the ruins of old Penjikent - a walled inter-city (2500-years ago) that was a Sogdian trading city on the Silk Road.
- Museum of Rudaki. Penjikent is a birthplace of Abu-Abdallah Rudaki, considered as the forefather of Persian Poetry with a hall devoted to the Rudaki, well-preserved frescoes of ancient Sarazm.
Lunch at the local café.
Afternoon border crossing BP Jartepa to Uzbekistan (takes about 30 min-1 hr), meet the driver at Uzbekistan side of the border.
Transfer to Samarkand.
Arrival in the hotel in Samarkand.
End of the tour.
- Accommodation in standard twin - shared rooms in Penjikent;
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per road conditions including transfers to- from land borders;
- English-speaking escorting guide in Tajikistan;
- Meals: breakfasts in hotels; lunch in Penjikent (fixed menu, alcohol excluding);
- Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums and nature fees as per program;
- Tourist tax per person.
- Accommodation in Samarkand (can be added by request);
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- E/visa to Uzbekistan; e/visa to Tajikistan (if required);
- Meals: lunches and dinners except those specified in “Tour Price Includes”;
- VAT 15 %, personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
- Check-in 14.00, check-out time 11.00. No early check-in/ late check-out is included unless indicated;
- Please note that the tour price does not include seasonal VAT 15 %, VAT can be added to the basic tour price.
- Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English;
- All the changes in the basic itinerary, the timing for transfers depending on the international flight departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed;
- Please note that the train trip/s can be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule;
- After the date of publication, any changes in the hotels, air/train ticket prices, tax increase, and exchange rate fluctuation may influence the tour prices;
- Anur Tour is not responsible for the force majeure occasions (weather conditions during the tour, repairing-reconstructing works at some parts of roads, government restrictions).