Day excursion in Samarkand, one day excursion to the homeland of Tamerlane and great city of the Sik Road - Samarkand.
Samarkand its a crown jewel of Uzbekistan and whole Central Asia. It attracts people with such sites as Registon Square, Shakh-i Zinda complex, Gur-Emir mausoleum and the beautiful view from Ulugbek's observatory area.
Let's go on a wonderful one day itinerary through this wonderful city with 'Anur Tour'.
A comfortable transport will help you to visit the main ancient places of Samarkand, and professional guide will draw all your attention to this historical, modern facts about city.
Duration: 5-6 hours.
09:00 Meet with our guide at your hotel lobby, who will wait for you with a sign "ANUR TOUR".
Transfer to the old part of Samarkand and start sightseeing program:
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
- Continue to the famous Registan Square – a heart of Samarkand and the real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture consists of three grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor, and Madrassa Tilla Kori.
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city which was one of the most magnificent mosques in Islamic world in 15th Century;
- Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the Muslim saint Abbas ibn-Kussam;
- Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;