Day excursion in Samarkand — to the homeland of Tamerlane, the great city of the Silk Road. Samarkand is a crown jewel of Uzbekistan and Central Asia. The city attracts people with architectural masterpieces such as Registon Square, Shakh-iZinda complex, Gur-Emir mausoleum, Bibi Khanum madrassah & the beautiful view from Ulugbek's observatory area. Comfortable transport will help you to visit main ancient places of Samarkand, & professional guide will draw all your attention to this historical.
09:00 Meet the guide and driver at the hotel in Samarkand.
Start Samarkandsightseeing tour visiting :
– Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants decorated with gold ornaments and considered as one of the most significant places in the world;
– Continue to the famous Registan Square – the heart of Samarkand and a real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture consists of three grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor, and Madrassa Tilla Kori.
– Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city which was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in the 15th Century;
– Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) belonging to the Muslim person named Saint Abbas ibn-Kussam;
– Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical center in the medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;