18 days Uzbekistan tour on the route of Silk Road. You will see probably all the pearls of Uzbekistan, including Muynak, Aral Sea, Termez, Nurata, you will visit Fergana Valley and kingdoms of handicraft - Rishtan & Margilan.
09:00 Meet a guide & driver in the lobby and transfer to the Savitsky Museum. Excursion to the museum.
Finish excursion. Start driving to Khiva. The road will take ~4 hours (202 km)
During the road, you'll visit Ayaz-kala & Toprak-kala. These two are fortresses of Ancient Khorezm and currently drowning in sands. All of them were built in ~4-7th century BCE, during the ages when Khorezm achieved its independence.
09:00 Meet your guide at the hotel's lobby and start WALKING excursion around Bukhara:
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so-called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight.
Breakfast. Departure to Samarkand via Nurata by car.
Take a walking excursion in Nurata. Once settled this village where Alexander the Great had built his fortress, nowadays there are so few to see: Chashma Spring, petroglyphs, walking session to Nurata Mountains and of course, the fort itself.
Finish excursion. Take a walk to the yurt camp. There you will be able to ride on the camels and buy some of their milk.
09:00 Meet with your guide & driver at the hotel's lobby and start excursion in Samarkand:
– Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants decorated with gold ornaments and considered as one of the most significant places in the world;
– Continue to the famous Registan Square – the heart of Samarkand and a real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture consists of three grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor, and Madrassa Tilla Kori.
– Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city which was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15th Century;
– Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) belonging to the Muslim person named Saint Abbas ibn-Kussam;
– Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in the medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
Breakfast. Prepare to take a long drive to Termez by car.
Departure to Termez via Shakhrisabz. During the route, you will be able to observe the stunning nature of Uzbek mountains and try out 'shashlik' in one of the off-road cafés. The mutton there is delicious and melting.
Arrival in Shakhrisabz. Meet with a guide. Take an excursion there. You will visit several objects, once belonged to Timur the Great, including his famous palace Ok-Saroy.
09:00 Meet a guide in the hotel's lobby and start walking sightseeing program.
Termez, one of the oldest cities in Central Asia, is located in the Surkhan Oasis, where ancient Buddhist monastery complexes coexisted along with monumental Islamic architectural masterpieces of the region. Tour around the city includes visiting Kokildor-Ota Khanaka, Sultan Saodat Ensemble, a summer residence of Samani governours Fortress Kyrk-Kyz, Zurmala – Buddha's stupa, Buddha complex Fayaz-Tepa – one of the museums in the open air under the protection of UNESCO,and Mausoleum of Al-Hakim at-Termezi, the founder of the dervishes order, an outstanding theologian who wrote numerous religious works and a leader of Islamic mysticism.
09:00 Continue your excursion in Termez and its suburbs. Visit Kampyr-Tepe – Greco-Bactrian Kingdom fortress, Jarkurgan Minaret. Drive back to Termez, of picturesque views of Surkhan oasis and Friendship Bridge, which connects Uzbekistan and Afghanistan, Archaeology Museum of Termez where one can see the unique exhibits found on the territory of Termez and its surroundings.
Transfer to the airport.
Departure to Tashkent by evening flight.
Arrival. Meet with a driver and transfer to the hotel.
- International air tickets to/from Tashkent; internal flight Tashkent - Nukus (economy class ~100 USD per person, subject to change) and Termez - Tashkent flight;
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- Transport for walking city tours in Khiva and Bukhara, guide and transport service for free time and after the standard city tours;
- Meals: lunches and dinners;
- Personal/travel insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.