The building has a traditional rectangular plan with four ayvans. The unusual beauty of mosaic frames the facade of the mosque, covered with glaze. The dome, which merges with the blue of the sky, towering over all the buildings of the city, and it gives the impression of massiveness of the building. Despite this, the architecture of the mosque Kalyan differs with simple, clarity and proportionality of forms. There are the inscriptions of Holy Muslim book – Koran on the wall of the mosque. The main entrance – East is decorated with a large portal, coverd with mosaics. The platform is on a raised platform, and a few steps lead to the courtyard of the mosque.
In addition to the above, Kalyan Mosque is one of the most impressive mosques in Central Asia. It is one of the first works of architecture of the Uzbek state.
- Bukhara places of interest
- The Mausoleum Chashma-Ayub (« The Source of H...
- Chor-Minor Madrasah.
- Mausoleum of the Samanids.
- Bolo-House Mosque
- Kalyan Mosque
- Memorial complex Bahouddin Naqshbandi.
- Architectural ensemble Lyabi-Hauz.
- Complex Poi-Kalyan
- Nekropolis Chor-Bakr
- Magoki-Attori Mosque
- Ark Citadel
- Architectural Complex Khoja Zaynutdin
- Namazgoh Mosque
- Gozien Madrasah
- Sitorai-Mohi Hosa Palace
- Khanaka Faizabad
- The Bukhara Art-Architectural Museum-Reserve
- Seven sacred Sufis of Bukhara
- Paikend settlement
- Khoja Gaukushan Ensemble
- Abdulaziz Khan Madrasah