Architectural complex Zangi-Ata
According to legend, Sheikh Ai-Khoja, whose nickname was Zangi-Ata (black) was a patron of shepherds, that’s why architectural complex was built here. The gate is a portal-domed building with turrets at the corners.
Zangi-Ata Mausoleum was built in the beginning of XX century. There is a courtyard in front of the mausoleum. The basic construction material is a square burnt brick. There are a lot of small rooms – hujr inside the madrasah. The portal of the mausoleum is decorated with lines of blue ornaments and tiles.
Zangi-Ata mosque was built in 1870, is located in the south-western part of the ensemble. It is an elongate structure with a wooden aiwan in front of façade. In 1915 the building of the mosque was restored. It is known that originally the interior was decorated with inscriptions and beautiful flowers, but unfortunately, the painting did not preserve.
Nowadays, the architectural complex Zangi-Ata is revered among Muslims, also it is a great historical and artistic value.
- Tashkent places of interest
- Chimgan Mountains
- Mountains of Uzbekistan and holiday places
- Tashkent TV Tower.
- Bazaar Chorsu.
- Museum of Applied Art.
- Madrasah Kukeldash
- Independence Square
- Jami Mosque
- The Palace of Duke Romanov
- Hazrat Imam Complex
- Kaldyrgach-biy (Tole bi) Mausoleum
- Architectural complex Zangi-Ata
- Kaffal Shashi Mausoleum
- Architectural complex Sheihantaur
- Academic Russian Drama Theatre
- Polish Catholic Church
- The Theatre «Ilkhom»
- The Youth Theatre of Uzbekistan
- The "Anchor" Canal
- The Museum of Astronomy
- The State Art Museum of Uzbekistan
- The “Bozsu” Canal
- Tashkent State Theatre of Musical Comedy
- Theatre of Satire named after A. Kahhara
- The square of memory
- Locomotive Museum (Tashkent museum of railway...
- Uzbek National Academic Drama Theatre
- The "Salar" Channel
- Tashkent railway station
- The State Museum of Timurids History
- «Aladdin» Theatre
- Memorial complex of Memory of Repression Vict...
- The Holy Dormition Cathedral
- Alay bazaar
- State Museum of Nature of Uzbekistan
- Abdulkasym Madrasah
- Mukimi Theatre
- Monument "Courage"
- Amir Temur Square
- Alisher Navoi Theater