The railway station “Tashkent” (North) was built in 1899 by architect GM Svarichevskiy. Its façade was divided into three parts. After the earthquake, the building was repeatedly renovated. There used to be large clock above the central entrance. In 1957 the new building was constructed. During the Second World War hundreds of thousands of refugees came here from Eastern Europe. The same name metro station "Tashkent" was built in 1984.
There used to be a dining room for the railwaymen, service shops etc. The railway station “Tashkent” is separated from the city by Salar Channel. The project of a modern building belongs to the architecs L. Travyanko, V. Rusanov, V. Biryukov.
Today, the Tashkent Railway Station (North) is a major transport hub, providing transportation of passengers not only regional but also international destinations..
Copyright © 2008 - 2023 Anur Tour