Polish Catholic Church
Polish Catholic Church (Cathedral of the Sacred Heart of Jesus) is a cathedral church of the apostolic administrations of Uzbekistan. Its construction was begun in 1912 in Tashkent on the initiative of the priest Iustin Bonaventure Pranaitis designed by famous Polish architect Ludwig Panchakevicha.
Originally the Catholic Church was built by the soldiers, serving in Tashkent. Later to its construction were involved prisoners, among them were skilled engineers, masons and sculptors. In 1926 the church was closed, the building was abandoned and destroyed. Until 1950 it was a medical school, and then warehouse of “Medical tekhnology”. In 1976, the building was restored by order of the authorities. In 1981 the church was declared an architectural and historical monument of Uzbekistan.
In 1993 the church building was completely restored under the leadership of the architect and the engineer Sergei Adam Alexander Ponomarev.
Crypt-chapel is the oldest room of the church, located on the first floor. There is the main hall on the second floor where festive and weekend Masses are held. The figure of Christ is in the altar area, made by Tashkent artist Adamov and sculptor Ryabtsev.
Nowadays, the cathedral is opened for visit where the church services in English, Russian and Korean languages are held.
- Tashkent places of interest
- Chimgan Mountains
- Mountains of Uzbekistan and holiday places
- Tashkent TV Tower.
- Bazaar Chorsu.
- Museum of Applied Art.
- Madrasah Kukeldash
- Independence Square
- Jami Mosque
- The Palace of Duke Romanov
- Hazrat Imam Complex
- Kaldyrgach-biy (Tole bi) Mausoleum
- Architectural complex Zangi-Ata
- Kaffal Shashi Mausoleum
- Architectural complex Sheihantaur
- Academic Russian Drama Theatre
- Polish Catholic Church
- The Theatre «Ilkhom»
- The Youth Theatre of Uzbekistan
- The "Anchor" Canal
- The Museum of Astronomy
- The State Art Museum of Uzbekistan
- The “Bozsu” Canal
- Tashkent State Theatre of Musical Comedy
- Theatre of Satire named after A. Kahhara
- The square of memory
- Locomotive Museum (Tashkent museum of railway...
- Uzbek National Academic Drama Theatre
- The "Salar" Channel
- Tashkent railway station
- The State Museum of Timurids History
- «Aladdin» Theatre
- Memorial complex of Memory of Repression Vict...
- The Holy Dormition Cathedral
- Alay bazaar
- State Museum of Nature of Uzbekistan
- Abdulkasym Madrasah
- Mukimi Theatre
- Monument "Courage"
- Amir Temur Square
- Alisher Navoi Theater