The State Museum of Timurids History
It is three-storey building. There is an exposition of the museum on the second and the third floor. There is a unique exposition of man’s costume as well as women’s dresses from gold and satin. There is a copy of Muslim holy book – Osman’s Koran in the centre of the main hall.
The exposition of the museum also has archaeological, numismatic, ethnographic ornaments, objects of Amir Timur epoch. Here you have a unique opportunity to see such valuable historical documents as letters of Amir Temur to European monarchs.You will be amazed by size of large picture “The Great Timur is the great creator”, made in the style of miniature by group of Uzbek artists in 1996. The picture reflects Amir Temur’s life from birth to death. There are also musical instruments, astronomical instruments of Ulugbek and other items related to the Timurid era. Al the exhibits of the museum has great historical value.
The museum exhibition includes 2000 items: books, souvenirs, models of architectural monuments such as the Bibi Khanum, Ak-Saray Palace, the Gur-e Amir, Ulugbek etc, as well as medieval and scientific manuscripts, the layout of Ulugbek’s celestial globe.
During its existence, the museum became a very popular and also it is one of the most attractive and interesting places to visit.
Address: Tashkent, 700000, Amir Temur Street, 1
Phone: (+998 71) 232 07 66, 232 02 13, 232 02 12
Working hours: from 10.00am to 17.00pm
Day off: Monday
- Tashkent places of interest
- Chimgan Mountains
- Mountains of Uzbekistan and holiday places
- Tashkent TV Tower.
- Bazaar Chorsu.
- Museum of Applied Art.
- Madrasah Kukeldash
- Independence Square
- Jami Mosque
- The Palace of Duke Romanov
- Hazrat Imam Complex
- Kaldyrgach-biy (Tole bi) Mausoleum
- Architectural complex Zangi-Ata
- Kaffal Shashi Mausoleum
- Architectural complex Sheihantaur
- Academic Russian Drama Theatre
- Polish Catholic Church
- The Theatre «Ilkhom»
- The Youth Theatre of Uzbekistan
- The "Anchor" Canal
- The Museum of Astronomy
- The State Art Museum of Uzbekistan
- The “Bozsu” Canal
- Tashkent State Theatre of Musical Comedy
- Theatre of Satire named after A. Kahhara
- The square of memory
- Locomotive Museum (Tashkent museum of railway...
- Uzbek National Academic Drama Theatre
- The "Salar" Channel
- Tashkent railway station
- The State Museum of Timurids History
- «Aladdin» Theatre
- Memorial complex of Memory of Repression Vict...
- The Holy Dormition Cathedral
- Alay bazaar
- State Museum of Nature of Uzbekistan
- Abdulkasym Madrasah
- Mukimi Theatre
- Monument "Courage"
- Amir Temur Square
- Alisher Navoi Theater