Open Map

 Amir Temur Square

Amir Temur Square is one of the most favorite places not only for local residents but also for visitors of the capital, located in the center of Tashkent. Square was founded in 1882. Originally it was called Konstantinovsky Square, but August 31, 1994, it was renamed in honor of the great Amir Temur who created the Timurid Empire, which lasted 200 years.
Monument of Amir Timur (Tamerlane) is a bronze figure sitting on a horse. There is a famous motto of the commander, engraved in four languages: “Justice is force”. Square is surrounded by such buildings as "Uzbekistan" hotel, the State Museum of History of Timurids, as well as the famous chimes.
Amir Temur Square is the radial-circular park, crossed by eight lanes the center of which is Amir Temur monument. In 2009 the square was reconstructed, there were planted new trees instead of old ones, as well as was built a new administrative building. Due to the complex reconstruction, the square became clearer and brighter. Now, from the Tashkent State Institute of Law, you can admire not only the monument of the great commander, but also Forum Palace and "Uzbekistan" hotel.


Other sights of Tashkent