A trip to ancient cities of Uzbekistan and Tajikistan is the best tour for those who are interested in the culture and history of Central Asia. Enjoy your visit to such famous cities as Panjakent, Khujand, Istaravshan and others.
Arrival in Tashkent. Our driver will meet you holding a sign 'ANUR TOUR.' Transfer to the hotel.
Meet with our manager. You will have time to discuss the tour details with him.
Resting time. Overnight.
Tashkent - Bukhara
06:30 Transfer to the railway station.
07:28 Departure to Bukhara by train 'Afrosiyob'.
11:19 Arrival. Meet with our staff, transfer to your hotel to drop off the bags. Meet a guide and start your walking excursion:
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so-called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
– Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.
Finish the excursion.
Back to the hotel. Overnight.
Bukhara - Gijduvan - Samarkand
Transfer to Samarkand (280 km). On the way, near town Gijduvan, you may visit to famous Uzbek pottery master Abdulla’s workshop. There you may see process of making ceramics and buy some of them.
Arrival in Samarkand.
Breakfast in the hotel.
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start your excursion: (6-7 hours)
– Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants decorated with gold ornaments and considered as one of the most significant places in the world;
– Continue to the famous Registan Square – the heart of Samarkand and a real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture consists of three grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor, and Madrassa Tilla Kori.
– Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city which was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
– Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) belonging to the Muslim person named Saint Abbas ibn-Kussam;
– Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in the medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
08:00 Transfer to the border post 'Jarteppa', border-crossing formalities: visa/passport control.
Meet with our driver on the Tajik border Jarteppa.
Transfer to Penjikent and suburbs. Meet with a guide and start sightseeing tour visiting:
- Museum of Rudaki – As Penjikent is a birthplace of Abu-Abdallah Rudaki, considered by many to be the father of Persian Poetry. Before lunch, we'll visit the local bazaar and mosque;
Lunch in a traditional Chaikhana (tea room/tea house), for the lunch you will get a chance to taste plov (rice with meat and vegetables) cooked according to Penjikent recipe.
- Ancient Penjikent - the ruins of the old Sogdian town founded in the 5th century and abandoned in the 8th century by Arabs. Foundations of houses, a citadel with a couple of Zoroastrian fire temples and city bazaar are visible in the excavated ruins;
- Sarazm ruins - one of the ancient settlements in Central Asia with a 5500-year civilization. In 2010 Sarazm was added to the list of Human Heritage by UNESCO;
Transfer to the hotel. Resting time.
Penjikent - Iskanderkul - Dushanbe
Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby. Continue your excursion in Penjikent (2 hours).
Earlier in the Mid Ages Panjakent was a trading city standing on the Silk Roadway. The leftovers of it signifies that it was built from raw or poorly dried bricks so it was easy to break and even easier to collapse.
Finish your excursion. Transfer to Iskanderkul - a literal pearl of Fann mountains, a lake locked between two thick roots of them. The lake is named after Alexander the Great - due to the legend he drown around 200 people in it who disobeyed to him.
The water in Iskanderkul is very clean but also cold. Even in Summer the temperature of it barely goes higher than 10C.
Finish your walking & birdwatching session. Organize a picnic on the fresh air.
Transfer to Dushanbe (130 km, ~4h long)
Arrival, hotel check-in.
09:00 Meet the guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start city tour with visiting Tajik National Museum with Tajik pride –the biggest Buddha in Nirvana. Visiting Tajik flagpole-the World tallest flagpole (165 m); the main square of Dushanbe;Monument of Ismoili Somoni-the forefather of Tajik Nation. A 40-meter high monument built to the memory of Ismaili Saman-Khuda, founder of the Samanid dynasty in the X century. The base contains a permanent exhibition on the Samanids ad that is paved in granite slabs. The upper part of the statue is coated with gold.
Lunch in Choikhona-tea house in Dushanbe where you can enjoy the Tajik traditional food and feel the atmosphere of the East.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel.
Dushanbe - Istaravshan - Khujand
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver and do a visit to Shohmansur market – one of the biggest markets of Dushanbe, also known as Zeleny Bazaar (GreenMarket). The market reflects Dushanbe's historical ties to local trade.
Finish your shopping. Transfer to the Istaravshan (230 km, 4.5 h long)
Arrival. Meet with a guide and take an excursion in Istaravshan - the center of handicraft, winemaking and dried fruits production. On top of that masters from Istaravshan product knives, carpets and national clothes. The hats from Tajikistan are very warm & beautiful, the knives don't lose their sharpness for long and the fruits can tell you everything about Central Asian sun.
Finish your excursion. Meet with a driver and head over to Khujand. (~71 km, 1h drive)
Arrival. Hotel check-in.
Khujand - Kokand
Breakfast at the hotel.
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver and take a city Tour (3-5 hours)in Khujand visiting:
- Pushkin square with Kamoli Khudjandi Square;
- Timur Malik’s fortress and Sugd museum;
- Muslihiddin memorial complex;
- Panjshanbe bazaar (Khujand’s central market that has many shops offering different kinds of goods and services. The name Panjshanbe comes from Persian language meaning “Thursday”.
Panjshanbe is one of the oldest markets in Tajikistan. The Silk Road which passes Khujand city had always made Panjshanbe to be crowded with traders and tourists)
- Arbob palace.
Transfer to the Tajik-Uzbek border 'Kanibadam'
Border crossing formalities (40 min- 1, 5 hrs depending on the customs formalities and tourist flow).
Meet the driver and guide at the Uzbekistan side of the border.
Transfer to Kokand. Check-in the hotel.
Kokand - Rishtan - Fergana
09:00Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start sightseeing tour around Kokand (3-4 hours) visiting :
- Khudoyar-Khan Palace of 19 century;
- Jami Mosque;
- Norbut-Biya Madrassah;
- Modari Khan Mausoleum;
- Rishton(50 km to the West of Fergana) famous all over the world for its pottery that is decorated according to an ancient tradition that is more than 800 years. Masters hand down their trade secrets from father to son. The unique red clay ceramic masterpieces are decorated with naturally made ultramarine, turquoise and azure ornaments known as blue glaze "ishkor",
Visit the Workshop of the famous potter Rustam Umarov;
Transfer to Fergana. Check-in the hotel.
Fergana - Tashkent
07:06 Transfer to the railway station of Fergana.
12:20 Arrival. Meet with a driver and transfer to Tashkent hotel.
Resting time. Overnight.
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start the excursion in Tashkent (5-6 hours)
– Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966, and is erected in the approximate place of the earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent - the main square of Uzbekistan reflects the past, present, and future of the country;
– Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah;
– Visiting the Chorsu market and drive back to the new city by metro.
Continue excursion with visiting Independence Square. There are fountains standing for life energy of Uzbek people, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers who died during the World War II, the arch " Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, a road "Ok Yul" (“Good way”) leading to Independence Monument and monument to Happy Mother that symbolize the hope for a great future.
One can often see the newly-weds who start a family and independent life walking through the arch of “Good and noble aspirations,” laying flowers at the monument of Happy Mother and Eternal flame.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.