There are also several legends about the origin of sumalyak. One of them says: people, who settled in Central Asia, engaged in farming. Once extremely severe cold came in winter, of course people were not ready to such bitter cold. Food stocks run out. People had to gather sprouted wheat grains and cook food from stocks. Having tasted unappetizing dish, defenders of the city felt burst of force and energy, that began to defend from enemies. After that they made a fighting retreat and left the city.
Today, there is a custom to treat this festive dish neighbors and friends. There is also a belief, if you taste sumalyak of seven boilers, you will be certainly happy.
- Uzbek dishes
- Winery in Samarkand
- Garnet – oriental “king” of fruits
- Halva is the oriental sweet.
- Sherbet - favorite drink of the famous Scheherezade.
- Dried melon is the constant attribute of the eastern tea.
- Pilaf - uzbek national dish
- Samsa - honorable dish of the Uzbek cuisine
- Uzbek wine
- Uzbek bread
- Dairy products of Uzbekistan