This tour is the best choice for those who want to visit ancient cities of Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, get to know the unique culture and traditions of Oriental countries.
Arrival in Tashkent. Our driver will meet you holding a sign 'ANUR TOUR.' Transfer to the hotel.
Meet with our manager. You will have time to discuss the tour details with him.
Resting time. Overnight.
Tashkent - Bukhara
09:00 Meet the guide and a driver and start sightseeing tour of Tashkent (5-6 hrs) visiting:
– Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966, and is erected in the approximate place of the earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent - the main square of Uzbekistan reflects the past, present, and future of the country;
– Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah;
– Visiting Chorsu marketplace and drive back to the new city by metro.
Continue excursion with visiting Independence Square. There are fountains standing for life energy of Uzbek people, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers who died during the World War II, the arch " Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, a road "Ok Yul" (“Good way”) leading to Independence Monument and monument to Happy Mother that symbolize the hope for a great future.
One can often see the newly-weds who start a family and independent life walking through the arch of “Good and noble aspirations”, laying flowers at the monument of Happy Mother and Eternal flame.
17:50 Transfer to the railway station of Tashkent.
18:50Departure to Bukhara by speed train 'Afrosiab'
22:34 Arrival. Meet with a driver. Transfer to the hotel.
09:00 Meet the guide in the hotel's lobby and start walking sightseeing tour of Bukhara (5-6 hrs) visiting:
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so-called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel. Free time. Overnight.
Bukhara - Asraf
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning at leisure
11:00 Transfer to Asraf village en – route visiting Gijduvan workshop of famous Uzbek pottery master Abdulla Narzullayev in Gijduvan city. There you can learn how ceramics is made and participate in master-class of painting ceramic plates.
Arrival in the guesthouse in the afternoon.
Dinner in the guesthouse.
Resting time in the afternoon/evening.
Overnight at the homestay.
Asraf - Samarkand
Breakfast at the guesthouse.
Morning at leisure to enjoy the beautiful surroundings, easy hiking.
After lunch, transfer to Samarkand.
Arrival in the afternoon. Check in.
Resting time in the afternoon/evening. Overnight at the hotel.
Breakfast in the hotel.
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start your excursion: (6-7 hours)
– Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants decorated with gold ornaments and considered as one of the most significant places in the world;
– Continue to the famous Registan Square – the heart of Samarkand and a real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture consists of three grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor, and Madrassa Tilla Kori.
– Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city which was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
– Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) belonging to the Muslim person named Saint Abbas ibn-Kussam;
– Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in the medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
08:30 Transfer to the border post Jarteppa, border-crossing formalities: visa/passport control.
Meet the guide and driver at Tajikistan side of the border.
Transfer to Penjikent - an ancient town in Sogdiana and now it is a city in the Sughd province of Tajikistan on Zeravshan River.
The Sarazm Important Bird Area (UNESCO World Heritage) lies downstream of the city on the tugay-vegetated floodplain of the river.
The archaeological site of the ruins of old Penjikent - a walled inter-city (2500-years ago) - was once a Sogdian trading city on the Silk Road.
Finish your excursion. Drive to Khujand through Istaravshan.
Quick stop-by Istaravshan, to buy souvenirs and watch on carpets exposition.
Arrival in Khujand.
Khujand - Tashkent
09:00 Meet up with our Tajikistan guide in the hotel's lobby and start your excursion:
Khudjand was the furthest point Alexander the Great reached in Central Asia, the city was named Alexandria Eschate (Alexandria the Farthest), the city became one of the important entrepots on the great Silk Road.
Start of the excursion program:
- Pushkin square with Kamoli Khudjandi Square;
- Timur Malik’s fortress and Sugd museum;
- Muslihiddin memorial complex;
- Panjshanbe bazaar (Khujand’s central market that has many stores offering different kind of goods and services. The name Panjshanbe comes from Persian language meaning “Thursday”. Panjshanbe is considered as one of the oldest markets in Tajikistan. The Silk Road which passes Khujand city, had always made Panjshanbe to be crowded with traders and tourists).
- Arbob Palace (Arbob palace had its particular significance in 1992, when it was the place for the meeting of the Tajik Soviet ministers which officially declared independence from the Soviet Union. Also, it was the site where the Tajik flag was chosen).
Finish your excursion. Transfer back to Tajik - Uzbek border pass.
Pass to Uzbekistan and meet up with a driver and transfer to Tashkent.
Arrival, hotel check-in.
Transfer to the airport.
Departure to your home destination country by the closest flight.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.