A trip to ancient cities of Uzbekistan and Tajikistan is the best tour for those who are interested in the culture and history of Central Asia.
Arrival in Tashkent. Our driver will meet you holding a sign 'ANUR TOUR.' Transfer to the hotel.
Meet with our manager. You will have time to discuss the tour details with him.
Resting time. Overnight.
Tashkent - Khujand
07:00 Meet up with our driver in your hotel and transfer to Uzbek - Tajik border (~100 km)
08:30 Arrival to "Aybek" border pass. Pass the border. Meet up with our Tajikistan staff and transfer to Khudjand (70km, 1h.) – center of Sugd region of Northern Tajikistan.
Khudjand was the furthest point Alexander the Great reached in Central Asia, the city was named Alexandria Eschate (Alexandria the Farthest), the city became one of the important entrepots on the great Silk Road.
Start of the excursion program:
- Pushkin square with Kamoli Khudjandi Square;
- Timur Malik’s fortress and Sugd museum;
- Muslihiddin memorial complex;
- Panjshanbe bazaar (Khujand’s central market that has many stores offering different kind of goods and services. The name Panjshanbe comes from Persian language meaning “Thursday”. Panjshanbe is considered as one of the oldest markets in Tajikistan. The Silk Road which passes Khujand city, had always made Panjshanbe to be crowded with traders and tourists).
- Arbob Palace (Arbob palace had its particular significance in 1992, when it was the place for the meeting of the Tajik Soviet ministers which officially declared independence from the Soviet Union. Also, it was the site where the Tajik flag was chosen).
Finish your excursion.
Transfer to the hotel. Check-in.
Khujand - Istaravshan - Penjikent - Samarkand
Transfer to Istaravshan.
Arrival. Meet with a guide and take an excursion in Istaravshan - the center of handicraft, winemaking and dried fruits production. On top of that masters from Istaravshan product knives, carpets and national clothes. The hats from Tajikistan are very warm & beautiful, the knives don't lose their sharpness for long and the fruits can tell you everything about Central Asian sun.
Finish your excursion. Transfer back to Penjikent, then - to the border pass 'Oybek'.
Pass the border and meet with a driver on the Uzbek side.
Transfer to Samarkand. Hotel check-in.
09:00 Meet a guide and a driver in the hotel's lobby and start excursion in Samarkand (5-6 hours), visiting:
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
Continue to the famous Registan Square – heart of Samarkand and real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture, the ensemble of grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
Finish your first half of the excursion.
Transfer to the hotel.
Samarkand - Gijduvan - Bukhara
Departure to Bukhara (270 km). On the way, visit the workshop of Abdullo Narzullaev, a famous ceramic craftsman living in Gijduvan.
A festive gift from the company ANUR TOUR - master class in painting ceramic products. You can take the finished product with you as a souvenir from sunny Uzbekistan!
Arrival in Bukhara. Hotel accommodation.
09:00 Meet your guide at the hotel's lobby and start WALKING excursion around Bukhara:
– Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
– Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
– Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft stores offering you souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes, and carpets;
– Caravanserai Saifuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development of Bukhara);
– There are three trading places or so-called covered bazaars: Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon, and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century. These bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
– Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so-called Kosh (pare) madrassas standing in front of each other with a distinctive style of facade ornamental decoration;
– Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impressing the imagination of every visitor;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in beautiful legends and myths.
Optionally can be added by request: a quick visit to Samanids mausoleum (IX century), a monument of early medieval architecture with a local guide.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel.
Bukhara - Khiva
Breakfast at the hotel.
Transfter to the railway station of Bukhara.
Departure to Khiva by train 'Afrosiyob' / 'Sharq' or by car. (depends on the weather conditions / train tickets avaiability). The road will take ~ 6 hours.
Arrival to Khiva at late evening. Hotel check-in.
Breakfast at the hotel.
09:00 Meet with a guide in the hotel's lobb and start walking excursion(5-6 hours)in the historical part of Khiva –Ichan-Kala(translated as “Inner town”). Ichan-Kala - the largest Museum in the open air in Central Asia consisting of the next monuments:
- Kalta Minor, the Palace of the Allakulihan Khan of Khiva
- Tash Hauli, where the harem of 40 concubines was,
- Caravanserai and Tim Allakulihan,
- Pahlavan Mahmud Gates, Mausoleum of Seyd Allaudin; Pahlavan Mahmud Mausoleum; Minaret and Islam-Khoja Madrassah; Juma Mosque and Jami Minaret.
Finish your excursion. Back to the hotel.
Khiva - Nukus
Departure ride to Nukus by car. (171 km, ~2 hours drive)
Arrival. Meet with a guide and take a small tour around Nukus, visiting the Savitsky Museum and main sights of Nukus.
Finish your excursion. Transfer to the hotel.
Nukus - Muynak
Meet with a guide and start driving to Muynak - a town that once was a seaport, a living symbol of Aral Sea catastrophe. In 1960x years it was hard to reach Muynak by car or bus. The sea was so big and citizens of Muynak had their life and work.
But the government decided otherwise. In one early morning people of Muynak found out that waterline has moved 6~ meters away. ‘Maybe, just a seasonal low tide,’ - they thought.
But the sea has never returned.
Nowadays, Muynak has lost 70% of its population. Not only because of a gone sense to evolve and work, but also because of the dust coming up from dried sea bottom. Its filled with pesticides and salt washed away from the cotton fields. Salt is everywhere. Sand & dust are everywhere.Even the sunshine is hard to see through it.
Arrival in Muynak. Meet with a guide and take the excursion to the Museum of Aral Sea, the Monument of Awaiting Mother, abandoned pier and the Cemetery of Ships.
Off-road sightseeing objects: Reunion Island, previously belonged to USSR army, soviet military base, Old Believers' cemetery with a village of repressed victims of Stalin, cafe ‘Muynak’ with very tasty yet salty dishes.
Finish your excursion.
Transfer back to Nukus's airport.
Departure to Tashkent by evening flight (1h45m)
Arrival. Meet with a driver and transfer to the hotel.
09:00 Meet with a guide & driver in the hotel's lobby and start the excursion in Tashkent (5-6 hours)
– Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966, and is erected in the approximate place of the earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent - the main square of Uzbekistan reflects the past, present, and future of the country;
– Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah;
– Visiting the Chorsu market and drive back to the new city by metro.
Continue excursion with visiting Independence Square. There are fountains standing for life energy of Uzbek people, the “Eternal flame" in honor of soldiers who died during the World War II, the arch " Good and noble aspiration" crowned with birds of happiness and prosperity, a road "Ok Yul" (“Good way”) leading to Independence Monument and monument to Happy Mother that symbolize the hope for a great future.
One can often see the newly-weds who start a family and independent life walking through the arch of “Good and noble aspirations,” laying flowers at the monument of Happy Mother and Eternal flame.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.