Tour itinerary: Kazakhstan – Kyrgyzstan – Uzbekistan – Turkmenistan – Tajikistan
Season: all the year round
Days: 14 |
Central Asia with its beautiful legends and world famous sites is a real treasure for travellers . Located in a huge oasis inhabited from ancient times it remains mysterious and charming for everyone who ever heard about Great Silk Road . Enjoy your Central Asia journey with Anur Tour!
- Panfilov Park.The name of the Panfilov Park comes after the heroes of Panfilov. Inside the park there is a big monument in commemoration of the heroic actions made by 28 Almaty Soldiers who died back in 1941 fighting against Nazi tanks somewhere near Moscow.
- Zenkov Cathedral. Zenkov Wooden constructed Cathedral is one of the eight most unique wooden buildings in the world. It is one of the few tzarist-era buildings to survive the 1911 earthquake, despite the fact it is built entirely of wood and constructed without nails.
- National Musical Instruments Museum,
Central State Museum. Central State Museum provides an introduction to Kazakhstan's history and includes a miniature replica of the country's chief archeological treasure, the Golden Man - a warrior's costume made from 4.000 gold pieces, many finely decorated with animal motifs. In the Museum of Musical Instruments, one can find various national musical instruments, the oldest of which are dated from the XVII century.
- Afternoon drive to Medeu, the World's largest speed skating rink know as Medeo. Famous dike with capacity of 6.000.000 m of water, a fine piece of engineering created to protect the city from mud floods. At the end of the gorge there is a ski resort Shymbulak, situated at an altitude of 2.200 m above sea level. It is one of Central Asia's top skiing spots. Where we will take a cable car funicular to Shymbulak Ski resort.
Come out of the terminal, meet the driver, and guide.
Start Bishkek city tour visiting
- National Philharmonic on the central Square called Ala-Too with a statue of Manas the Great,
- State Museum, Fine Arts and Frunze museums.
- Oak Park ,
- Opera house and TSUM (Department Store). After shopping and lunch, in the afternoon we drive to the National Flag located on one of the top hills of Bishkek where we can see the panoramic view of the city.
09:00 Transfer to Burana Tower. Previously, this Tower was a guardian part of the old city Balasagun (UNESCO).
Arriving at Don Aryk village and check-in the guesthouse of a local family. Taking a part in the horse riding game called 'Ulak Tartysh'. It is a traditional team game similar to the modern rugby but instead of a ball, participants pass a goat carcass.
Get acquainted with the ways to build your own yurt and from what parts it is made. Local Kyrgyz masters keep these secrets and pass them from generation to generation many centuries.
Transfer to Bishkek airport.
Evening flight Bishkek- Tashkent HY 780.
Arrival in Tashkent. Come out of the terminal and meet the driver holding a sign “ANUR TOUR” with your name on it.
- Earthquake Memorial, the composition is devoted to the tragic date of earthquake in Tashkent on April 26, 1966 and is erected in the approximate place of earthquake epicenter. Residents still come to the monument to honor those people who took a part in the reconstruction of Tashkent;
- Khast Imam Square – a religious center of the city consisting of the Barakkhan madrasah;
Border crossing formalities (usually takes 30 min – 40 min).
Meet with your local guide and driver at the Tajik side of the border.
Drive to the famous seven lakes - seven wonderful water mirrors full of mountain riverside drops. Each lake looks different whenever the sun changes its position. Colors may vary from deep blue to indie color ripple. Most of them are so cold that it is impossible to swim even in Summer. These lakes belong to Fann Mountains system.
Arrival and start the excursion program in Penjikent.
- Museum of Rudaki – As Penjikent is a birthplace of Abu-Abdallah Rudaki, considered by many to be the father of Persian Poetry. Before lunch, we'll visit the local bazaar and mosque.
After lunch in a traditional chaikhana (tea room/tea house) continue visiting:
- Ancient Penjikent - the ruins of the old Sogdian town founded in the 5th century and abandoned in the 8th century by Arabs. Foundations of houses, a citadel with a couple of Zoroastrian fire temples and city bazaar are visible in the excavated ruins
- Sarazm ruins - one of the ancient settlements in Central Asia with a 5500-year civilization. UNESCO added Sarazm to the list of Human Heritage.
In the afternoon transfer back to Tajik - Uzbek border pass.
Cross the border to Uzbekistan, meet with a driver. Transfer to Samarkand.
- Gur Emir Mausoleum – a burial vault of Timur the Great and his descendants is decorated with gold ornaments and is considered as one of the most significant sights of the world;
- Continue to the famous Registan Square – heart of Samarkand and real masterpiece of Central Asian medieval architecture, consists of three grandiose buildings: Ulughbek Madrassa, Madrassa Sherdor and Madrassa Tilla Kori;
- Bibi Khanim Mosque – the biggest medieval building in the city was one of the most magnificent mosques in the Islamic world in 15 Century;
- Shahi Zinda Necropolis – unique complex of Mausoleums formed by standing on both sides of the cenotaph (an imaginary grave) of the muslim saint Abbas ibn- Kussam;
- Ulugbek’s Observatory – the finest astronomical centers in medieval world was built by order of Ulugbek, an outstanding scholar and astronomer;
09:00 Meet with your guide and start walking sightseeing program in Bukhara:
- Ensemble Lyabi Hauz (Nadir Divanbegi Madrassa, Khanaka, Kukeldash Madrassa and the monument of Khodja Nasreddin);
- Magoki Attari Mosque is one of the oldest mosques survived in Bukhara from the time before the Mongolian invasion;
- Abdullakhan’s Tim with numerous handicraft shops of souvenirs, ceramics, national clothes and carpets;
- Caravanserai Sayfuddin (the Center of Handicraft Development);
- There are three trading domes or so-called covered bazaars Toki Sarrofon, Toki Telpak Furushon and Toki Zargaron preserved from the XVI century and these bazaars were the centers for trade of silk, jewelry and even for money exchange. Today as well, one can enjoy and purchase different souvenirs of a wide range, from small souvenir magnets to the famous Bukhara carpets;
- Visit Ulughbek and Abdulazizkhan Madrassas or so called Kosh (pare) madrassas opposite each other with distinctive facade decoration;
- Poi Kalon Square with Kalon Minaret and Mosque, Mir Arab Madrassa – the heart of Bukhara, a monumental complex impresses the imagination;
- Ark Fortress – the oldest citadel dating back to I century BC where one can feel the history of the great fortress covered in legends and myths.
- -Ertogrul Gazy Mosque, Independence Park with Monument of Independence (it's a 118m column that consider the highest building in the country),
- Neutrality Arch - an unique composition that rotates after the sun;
- - National Museum, where you can see more than 166 unique exposition from Ancient Merv and Nissa.
- A trip to ancient Nissa (18km from Ashgabad) that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the ruins of the ancient city (the date of foundation of the I millennium BC - I millennium BC).
After lunchtime, transfer to Darwaza gas crater in the Karakum desert, visit mud and water craters on the way. Arrival in Darwaza gaz crater before sunset (~1800h). Enjoy the beautiful views of the burning gas crater and sunset.
09:00 Start walking excursion in the historical part of Khiva – Ichan-kala (translated as “Inner town”). Ichan-kala - the largest Museum in the open air in Central Asia consisting from the next monuments:
-Internal flight Urgench – Tashkent economy class 100 USD, Mary– Ashgabat 80 USD economy class (subject to change;
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan visas (if required), Tajikistan e-visa, Turkmenistan migration tax 10+4 USD per pax and Turkmenistan visa from 55+2 USD per pax (subject to change; nationality dependent);
-Tourist fee per night in the hotels at departure 2 USD per person per night (obligatory);
-Lunches/dinners except BBQ dinner in Darwaza;
-Uzbekistan: Transport/guide service for free time and after standard city tours; transport for walking tours in Bukhara and Khiva;
Personal /travel insurance; additional services in hotels; tips, gratitude, portage; other services not specified under “Tour price includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.