Despite it is called “The city of the Dead” there are courtyards, streets, gate, family dahma and tombstones in the necropolis. There are also three main buildings – mosque, khanaka and minaret in the centre of necropolis. The front facades are portals with arches and its side facades in two tiers are made in the form of loggias. There is a complex of buildings around the mausoleum, which preserved till nowadays. Great importance to the building gives a minaret. Darwaza and aywan of memorial mosques are built in the brick fence of the yard. Narrow lane leads to the group of family yards – hazira.
The huge ensemble “Chor-Bakr” with its unique architecture, which was built over three centuries, is considered holy and revered place for pilgrims.
- Bukhara places of interest
- The Mausoleum Chashma-Ayub (« The Source of H...
- Chor-Minor Madrasah.
- Mausoleum of the Samanids.
- Bolo-House Mosque
- Kalyan Mosque
- Memorial complex Bahouddin Naqshbandi.
- Architectural ensemble Lyabi-Hauz.
- Complex Poi-Kalyan
- Nekropolis Chor-Bakr
- Magoki-Attari Mosque
- Ark Citadel
- Architectural Complex Khoja Zaynutdin
- Namazgoh Mosque
- Gozien Madrasah
- Sitorai-Mohi Hosa Palace
- Khanaka Faizabad
- The Bukhara Art-Architectural Museum-Reserve
- Seven sacred Sufis of Bukhara
- Paikend settlement
- Khoja Gaukushan Ensemble
- Abdulaziz Khan Madrasah