The composition of the mosque is smart. There are residential khujras for temporary shelter of dervishes in the main portal and behind the mihrab. The dome is decorated with two-tone ganch. The hujras for guests are located in a large ceremonial hall. Rear façade of khanaka Faizabad is impressed with its beauty.
The building had two main functions: first of all it was the mosque, as evidenced a mihrab, secondly it was a khanaka, where were three floors for living dervishes. The architecture of the mosque is a sample of XVI century architecture, where the proportion and elegance of the building is seen.
Nowadays khanaka Faizabad does not fulfill its basic functions. There are no Friday prayers anymore and dervishes don’t live in hujras. In spite of this, there is always a religious spirit, and it seems that thousands of believers will enter the mosque Faizabad again.
- Bukhara places of interest
- The Mausoleum Chashma-Ayub (« The Source of H...
- Chor-Minor Madrasah.
- Mausoleum of the Samanids.
- Bolo-House Mosque
- Kalyan Mosque
- Memorial complex Bahouddin Naqshbandi.
- Architectural ensemble Lyabi-Hauz.
- Complex Poi-Kalyan
- Nekropolis Chor-Bakr
- Magoki-Attari Mosque
- Ark Citadel
- Architectural Complex Khoja Zaynutdin
- Namazgoh Mosque
- Gozien Madrasah
- Sitorai-Mohi Hosa Palace
- Khanaka Faizabad
- The Bukhara Art-Architectural Museum-Reserve
- Seven sacred Sufis of Bukhara
- Paikend settlement
- Khoja Gaukushan Ensemble
- Abdulaziz Khan Madrasah